

Post 11Mine has just developed the same problem. Code 1000 that won’t clear. I can’t open the roof though!! Any ideas how to do it manually so I can get to and change the sensors?
BMW dealer can order them, £12.16 (uk list price) from themCan somebody snet me a link where I can buy the sensors? Have the same issue now, but do not find a site where to buy them.
Thanks


yes. Same sensors.I've read through the tread, can anyone say if this applies to the VW cali 2023 model with the large control panel with a rotary knob? My fault seems to be slightly different. I'm not getting the 1000 code just a message saying Errorop-up roof. Please visit workshop.
Mine sometimes sticks half way down and i need to switch the ignition off for a while before it will clear the fault and let me put it down.
I've read all the info and im ready to replace the sensors but not sure its the same fault. If it was the closed sensors, why does it stop half way down.?
View attachment 146509
View attachment 146510
Hi @Azteccamper don't suppose you've got any spare roof sensors still they you want to sell? ThanksFull harness.
Connectors to attach to Roof hydraulics control unit J768.
Sensors taken from here (two sensors I purchased pictured as well).
Other side of van roof sensors attached to harness.
Details of layout in brochure.
View attachment 80136
View attachment 80137
View attachment 80138
View attachment 80139
Sorry. Sold my Cali and give everything with the sale.Hi @Azteccamper don't suppose you've got any spare roof sensors still they you want to sell? Thanks
BMW dealer available within a few daysHi @Azteccamper don't suppose you've got any spare roof sensors still they you want to sell? Thanks
P/N | Quantity | Price Each | Description |
54347190735 | 4 | £ 12.19 | Hall sensor |
1 product(s) , 4 item(s) | £ 48.76 |
I can do them for you. Private message me and we can arrange something.Sadly another owner now with this problem! Exact symptoms as others, 2018 Ocean.
DIY not my strong point at all so wondering if anyone has had this repair done in the Essex area? I could travel a couple of hours out, so Suffolk, Kent etc all fine, just hoping there might be a recommended company / person that others have used that could do this for me.
Can't stand the thought of having to give VW a huge amount of money for something that seems such a common fault.
Thanks
Hi Egena - thanks for replying.I can do them for you. Private message me and we can arrange something.
I'd be coming from cambridge - can be done on your driveway, easily.
Only VIP members can use this service.Hi Egena - thanks for replying.
I dont seem to be able to message you, not sure if it is because I am not a VIP member ?
Grab a membership and I'll give you a good dealHi Egena - thanks for replying.
I dont seem to be able to message you, not sure if it is because I am not a VIP member ?
Got mine from EBay.Does anyone know where I can get 4 hall sensors from?
I tried Synter bmw which came up when I googled the part number but they have said these are no longer available.
Any tips?
The VW California Club is the worlds largest resource for all owners and enthusiasts of VW California campervans.