Vw Epic Fail

L

LUMINA86

Messages
12
Location
Italy
Vehicle
I took my T7 Beach Camper to the workshop for an oil check in June 3rd.
The workshop told me everything was fine, but upon closer inspection, they noticed that the interior light near the SOS button was flashing. I had never noticed it before. They decided to disassemble it and found water inside the interior dome light dome.
Above it, the bodywork area where the antenna is located was very slightly cracked. They said water had leaked in, ruining the dome light, so it needs to be ordered and replaced, along with the body part above it. Everything is covered under warranty.
I left the camper there on June 3rd. As of today, they still haven't returned it to me.

They installed the new body part in July, but the replacement SOS dome light component has still not arrived. Meanwhile, I keep paying.
I have already written several reminder letters. Fortunately, the dealership has always provided me with free courtesy cars (a VW Passat and now a Cupra Wagon), but not a camper. They made me lose a whole summer. A missed summer.

The spare part is still missing. They told me it would arrive this week, but it still hasn't. Now I am going to send a formal complaint to VW Bank to stop the payments and demand all my money back, both the down payment and the monthly installments. VW completely failed; they are absolutely unreliable.
I am incredibly disappointed.
This will be the last VW I ever buy. As far as I'm concerned, they are done.

I am just looking for some understanding here, or to hear your opinions. Thank you.
 
Absolute jokers, what they should have done is taken it from one in a showroom somewhere to enable you to enjoy your camper in the summer.
I don’t blame you one iota for rejecting it in this instance.

(On a separate incident, the wife’s 2 month old March 24 defender had the dc-dc module fail. It was taken back to Ludlow. They sent us a RRS the next day to use as we like. After 3 days on a Monday, they said they can’t get parts, but are we happy to have one from a showroom model so we can continue using it. We said yes and had it back 2 days later.
Just shows Sinclair Ludlow had their priority’s correct, and why we would use them again and why we use them for a service, even though it’s a 50 minute drive, and 60 mile round trip)

Also cc in
customerresolutions@vwfs.co.uk
&
customercare@vwcv.co.uk
Use Gemini ai to draft your rejection letter stating the facts.
Good luck.
Not sure how the law stands now they’ve had the car and trying to fix it but Gemini will explain it and let you know if you’re able to do so or not.
Also start an ombudsman case as they take 3 months to gather the evidence plus the a further 3 months I think to make a resolution decision, I think…
 
Absolute jokers, what they should have done is taken it from one in a showroom somewhere to enable you to enjoy your camper in the summer.
I don’t blame you one iota for rejecting it in this instance.

(On a separate incident, the wife’s 2 month old March 24 defender had the dc-dc module fail. It was taken back to Ludlow. They sent us a RRS the next day to use as we like. After 3 days on a Monday, they said they can’t get parts, but are we happy to have one from a showroom model so we can continue using it. We said yes and had it back 2 days later.
Just shows Sinclair Ludlow had their priority’s correct, and why we would use them again and why we use them for a service, even though it’s a 50 minute drive, and 60 mile round trip)

Also cc in
customerresolutions@vwfs.co.uk
&
customercare@vwcv.co.uk
Use Gemini ai to draft your rejection letter stating the facts.
Good luck.
Not sure how the law stands now they’ve had the car and trying to fix it but Gemini will explain it and let you know if you’re able to do so or not.
Also start an ombudsman case as they take 3 months to gather the evidence plus the a further 3 months I think to make a resolution decision, I think…
Or just go to the finance company if on finance - your rights there are much stronger
 
Back
Top