UK DIESEL PRICES.

Nope.....I'm "saving" because I'm not going. So the weekend I would have spent £81 camp site fees + £70 food and drinks + local pub + diesel is now not being spent........ diesel at £2.06 a litre is my £5 takeaway coffee, or £3.50 service station sweet bag

Think of it this way...I have money but at a certain point, I say no. Before that point, the money is spent, its allocated.....when I reached the point of no, its back, its in my thoughts and I have the ability to channel that elsewhere.

Its not a literal monetary saving, that would be impossible.
I get the point, we didn’t go away last weekend because it worked out so expensive with the fees and fuel….. so I went to look at a 6mtr van instead….. I think between the orange moron and money grabbing site fees we are pretty much out of luck for cheap weekends away for the rest of the year. The last time I filled up was last month and with a voucher it cost me £1.62 ltr so I think the van will stay in the garage for the winter now. It worked out cheaper to use the EV and stop in a premier inn
 
No because the point of NO has not been reached. The No point varies. Even my £500m+ Client has a no point. He relocated out of the country in 2025....a no point reached. His though is probably a lot higher than most on here, but sometimes has an odd flutter on small items that I wouldn't even consider

So as a business I saved £5k last year because I said no to another 15% software price increase or over 5years the 115% price increase. As a business did I save £5k by not renewing or did I not spend £5k

Everyone’s circumstances are different and they will have their own NO point.
But I’ll let you into a little secret that the many pensioners on here who complain about the price of diesel never mention.
State Pension in 2021 ( when we got our van ) £9339.20
Now £12,547.60. Each.

Diesel at £2 now is more affordable for us now than it was at £1.40 or whatever it was then.

The idea of setting a NO price at which we would leave the van on the drive is a non starter for us. Have van go camping. That’s what we bought it for.
 
I will leave this here......BOE uses interest rates to manipulate Yes and No...

Inflation.PNG
 
I will leave this here......BOE uses interest rates to manipulate Yes and No...

View attachment 152468

Well yes, you’ve just made my point for me. If the State Pension went up with inflation it would be £12006.61 but because of the triple lock it’s actually £12,547.60.
 
Everyone’s circumstances are different and they will have their own NO point.
But I’ll let you into a little secret that the many pensioners on here who complain about the price of diesel never mention.
State Pension in 2021 ( when we got our van ) £9339.20
Now £12,547.60. Each.

Diesel at £2 now is more affordable for us now than it was at £1.40 or whatever it was then.

The idea of setting a NO price at which we would leave the van on the drive is a non starter for us. Have van go camping. That’s what we bought it for.
Good call, but you may have forgot to mention the fact that everything has shot up in price and in real terms your pension is not worth any more than it was in 2021
 
Well yes, you’ve just made my point for me. If the State Pension went up with inflation it would be £12006.61 but because of the triple lock it’s actually £12,547.60.
I am 69, paid NI contributions from age 16 to 59 and my state pension, paid from age 66, is circa £9k. So 43 years of paying in.
My point is that the pension figures touted in the media are maximums and not actuals and are probably best not relevant in a discussion about diesel prices.
 
I am 69, paid NI contributions from age 16 to 59 and my state pension, paid from age 66, is circa £9k. So 43 years of paying in.
My point is that the pension figures touted in the media are maximums and not actuals and are probably best not relevant in a discussion about diesel prices.
Yep...easy to respond back to Mansfield750, but I'll let it go......
 
Back
Top