UK DIESEL PRICES.

Just returned from a trip around the Netherlands. Cheapest we could find there was 2.56 euros, their motorways were 2.86!
Just driven back from Folkestone and suddenly £2/L seemed not so bad.
Anything over £1/litre seems more than enough!
 
Had planned to do NC500 in April until the Orange-Utang poked his finger at Iran and I figured wiser to postpone .. now at Loch Lomond after 1625 miles going around and fuel cost comes to £480 .. might just make it home with what’s in the tank. Gasp. Even so still worth it for the fun factor.
Also back today after 5194 miles. I dare not work it out :oops:
 
Also back today after 5194 miles. I dare not work it out :oops:
Wasn't most of that in scandanavia? Land of the low cost campsites and cheaper fuel in Sweden?
 
Wasn't most of that in scandanavia? Land of the low cost campsites and cheaper fuel in Sweden?
That’s true. I think it was £1.67 per litre in Sweden. I arrived there with an empty tank twice and left with a full tank twice to maximise the saving. Does everyone penny-pinch with fuel like me I wonder?

Also, yes, we had 27 campsite nights and 18 free park-ups. The free stops were usually so much more enjoyable than the campsites.

By the way, I have to let you know about what your elk photos started. After seeing them Mrs Acer was expecting elk to be jumping out at us from behind every bush. She couldn’t wait to photograph one. The elk warning triangle became her cue to grab her phone in readiness, scanning left to right like a hawk. Miles and miles of radar-like attention were wasted until I screamed “moose!”. “Where! Where!” she panicked. I couldn’t believe it, it was crossing one of the 110kph highways, just a couple of hundred metres and one car in front of us. They do look extremely ungainly, rather than the majestic beasts I had imagined, but let’s give it a ‘pass’ - it was probably more than a little perturbed to be where it was. There followed some comedy fumbling and very, very poor wide angle photographs of a pixelated pin head in the distance. And that was the end of that! Of course, the scanning continued for miles afterwards and we did manage to photograph the blurry rump of a deer as it fled, but no more elk. Just don’t get me started on the northern lights!
Sorry everyone.
:offtopic
(not for the first time)
 
That’s true. I think it was £1.67 per litre in Sweden. I arrived there with an empty tank twice and left with a full tank twice to maximise the saving. Does everyone penny-pinch with fuel like me I wonder?

Also, yes, we had 27 campsite nights and 18 free park-ups. The free stops were usually so much more enjoyable than the campsites.

By the way, I have to let you know about what your elk photos started. After seeing them Mrs Acer was expecting elk to be jumping out at us from behind every bush. She couldn’t wait to photograph one. The elk warning triangle became her cue to grab her phone in readiness, scanning left to right like a hawk. Miles and miles of radar-like attention were wasted until I screamed “moose!”. “Where! Where!” she panicked. I couldn’t believe it, it was crossing one of the 110kph highways, just a couple of hundred metres and one car in front of us. They do look extremely ungainly, rather than the majestic beasts I had imagined, but let’s give it a ‘pass’ - it was probably more than a little perturbed to be where it was. There followed some comedy fumbling and very, very poor wide angle photographs of a pixelated pin head in the distance. And that was the end of that! Of course, the scanning continued for miles afterwards and we did manage to photograph the blurry rump of a deer as it fled, but no more elk. Just don’t get me started on the northern lights!
Sorry everyone.
:offtopic
(not for the first time)
We spent 5 weeks in Norway in 2014 and only saw one………

IMG_1659.jpeg

It was massive! Looks scary too……
 
I think it’s incumbent upon me to get this thread back on track
:Iamsorry
It seems that Europe has stuck a 100 million barrel dummy into Trump’s screaming mouth today. Shall I delay filling-up my tank until this makes an impact at the pumps? Indeed, will it make an impact?
 
A quick bit of research: the UK consumes around 6% of the diesel that the rest of Europe and the US consume together. So if the distribution of the released diesel stock is made on this basis the effect in the UK will be very small.

Plus, as the strategic stocks are being plundered, it may incentivise the market to actually hike their prices.

Edit : I get worried when the government tells us all they have a plan, and don’t be worrried about shortages. Echoes of Covid !
 
That’s true. I think it was £1.67 per litre in Sweden. I arrived there with an empty tank twice and left with a full tank twice to maximise the saving. Does everyone penny-pinch with fuel like me I wonder?

Also, yes, we had 27 campsite nights and 18 free park-ups. The free stops were usually so much more enjoyable than the campsites.

By the way, I have to let you know about what your elk photos started. After seeing them Mrs Acer was expecting elk to be jumping out at us from behind every bush. She couldn’t wait to photograph one. The elk warning triangle became her cue to grab her phone in readiness, scanning left to right like a hawk. Miles and miles of radar-like attention were wasted until I screamed “moose!”. “Where! Where!” she panicked. I couldn’t believe it, it was crossing one of the 110kph highways, just a couple of hundred metres and one car in front of us. They do look extremely ungainly, rather than the majestic beasts I had imagined, but let’s give it a ‘pass’ - it was probably more than a little perturbed to be where it was. There followed some comedy fumbling and very, very poor wide angle photographs of a pixelated pin head in the distance. And that was the end of that! Of course, the scanning continued for miles afterwards and we did manage to photograph the blurry rump of a deer as it fled, but no more elk. Just don’t get me started on the northern lights!
Sorry everyone.
:offtopic
(not for the first time)
Yes, don’t like paying over the odds for fuel, especially locally where our local BP can be 3-11p per litre more than the BP near work. Local one is tourist prices I think.
 
Back
Top