T6.1 Ocean 2021 model lithium install (trying anyway)

Hey sounds sensible - however without being a debbie downer i dont want to give advice i cannot backup. I think if you have mocked up and measured then as long as enough ventilation and secured the battery either to seat frame or base (maybe use Threaded inserts / Rivnuts so not to invite rust going all the way through), make sure correct cable sizing for loads etc then you will be fine.
Do you know what is below the passager's seat? Can i do a tapped hole to fix the battery ?

Does anyone know what is max current we can draw to charge the batteries on a t6 california coast 2018? The Orion can go up to 50A.

Thank you !
 
Do you know what is below the passager's seat? Can i do a tapped hole to fix the battery ?

Does anyone know what is max current we can draw to charge the batteries on a t6 california coast 2018? The Orion can go up to 50A.

Thank you !
I would remove the underbody protection before drilling as the Webasto Engine Coolant heater is positioned on that side of the vehicle with fuel pump, lines and wiring harness.
 
Sensible, happy to take questions privately or otherwise. Leave it up to you.
Hi can I just ask if the Titan battery swop is still all working a ok, as I’m about to press the button, it’s a lot of money & but liked the clean simple install shown in your pics, I may go with the Victron orion xs-b-b as well,
Many thanks
Tintin
 
Hi can I just ask if the Titan battery swop is still all working a ok, as I’m about to press the button, it’s a lot of money & but liked the clean simple install shown in your pics, I may go with the Victron orion xs-b-b as well,
Many thanks
Tintin
Hi, you can,
It’s working perfectly thanks. Been away for 5 weeks with it and I’ve not been short of power once, nor has the system complained or behaved any differently than the original, with the obvious exception that VW can’t do the math required to judge the time left anymore. I just ignore it, it wasn’t ever accurate anyway. Sort of like VW diesel miles per gallon ‍♀️
 
Hi, you can,
It’s working perfectly thanks. Been away for 5 weeks with it and I’ve not been short of power once, nor has the system complained or behaved any differently than the original, with the obvious exception that VW can’t do the math required to judge the time left anymore. I just ignore it, it wasn’t ever accurate anyway. Sort of like VW diesel miles per gallon ‍♀️
Thank you for the prompt reply, great to hear all good, I’ll go with the Titan and combine them with my bluettie charger 1 and BLUETTI 2 kw on longer trips, many thanks Carl
 
Thank you for the prompt reply, great to hear all good, I’ll go with the Titan and combine them with my bluettie charger 1 and BLUETTI 2 kw on longer trips, many thanks Carl
Almost same set-up as mine .I changed the charger 1 for charger 2 and placed a 480watt solar on roof .Custom made install.3 way rotary switch between house batts leisure batts and both if loads off sun.Also wakes up bluetti ac180p .No issue with power anymore.

IMG-20260520-WA0007.jpeg

20260605_173549.jpg
 
Back
Top