Selling a Beach that has outstanding finance on

Roc1

Roc1

Messages
180
Location
Tunbridge Wells
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, looking to sell my lovely '24 Beach that I have a VW PCP on that I have a settlement figure for.

Have tried listing on Motorway but of course I'm going to get a lower offer than privately, but it seems a streamlined way to do things in regards to them clearing the finance upon collection etc.

I've never sold privately with finance left on a van before, so wondered if buyers get spooked by this and if its an utter faff trying to do this privately? If anyone else has done this I'd be interested to know the process involved so no one feels nervous about it. Think i'd be about £4k worse off doing it via motorway so it's an avenue I'd consider.

Thanks.
 
We bought our van privately and it had VW finance remaining on it. It was no problem, the seller got a settlement figure from VW, I spoke to VW whilst at the sellers property, paid VW the outstanding amount via bank transfer and the rest of the asking price to the seller also via bank transfer. All went very smoothly and I was happy to buy at a better price than through the trade. Take the usual sensible precautions and you’re good to go :thumb
 
We bought our van privately and it had VW finance remaining on it. It was no problem, the seller got a settlement figure from VW, I spoke to VW whilst at the sellers property, paid VW the outstanding amount via bank transfer and the rest of the asking price to the seller also via bank transfer. All went very smoothly and I was happy to buy at a better price than through the trade. Take the usual sensible precautions and you’re good to go :thumb
Good to hear it went well! Thanks
 
Hi all, looking to sell my lovely '24 Beach that I have a VW PCP on that I have a settlement figure for.

Have tried listing on Motorway but of course I'm going to get a lower offer than privately, but it seems a streamlined way to do things in regards to them clearing the finance upon collection etc.

I've never sold privately with finance left on a van before, so wondered if buyers get spooked by this and if its an utter faff trying to do this privately? If anyone else has done this I'd be interested to know the process involved so no one feels nervous about it. Think i'd be about £4k worse off doing it via motorway so it's an avenue I'd consider.

Thanks.
As Chockswahay said it should be straight forward. The important thing for you is to make sure that the buyer does pay off the finance before they take the van.

I did one high value sale where the buyer was a customer of Citibank, we did the transaction in the bank with one of the clerks doing ID checks & confirming that payments had been made, were irreversible, were going to the right people etc etc It was reassuring to have a third party doing checks & confirming everything.

A possible alternative is to arrange for a large overdraft for a few days & use that to pay off the van yourself after you've taken a deposit.
 
Not a great time to sell especially to Motorway or WBAC as they won't have high demand for a campervan this time of year. Could you hold off until Spring?
 
Not a great time to sell especially to Motorway or WBAC as they won't have high demand for a campervan this time of year. Could you hold off until Spring?
I came on to say the time - it's literally the worst time - combined with crazy fuel prices I suspect demand will be pretty low. You may find it makes more financial sense if your circumstances allow to just SORN it and wait
 
I came on to say the time - it's literally the worst time - combined with crazy fuel prices I suspect demand will be pretty low. You may find it makes more financial sense if your circumstances allow to just SORN it and wait
I’m not so sure about that (admittedly I do intend to try selling mine shortly). Whilst we are in the middle of a crisis, there is always someone out there who wants a van now, not waiting until next year. Yes prices may be a bit lower but on the other hand supply will be short if everyone holds back. It is a weird conundrum, probably only solved by ‘trying it’.

Are YOU intending to give up campervaning? I doubt it. The market is always self regulating. I’m not suggesting prices will be at their best but humans have a way of getting used to things. Owning a Cali is generally an expensive and unnecessary activity, but we still do it!
 
I’m not so sure about that (admittedly I do intend to try selling mine shortly). Whilst we are in the middle of a crisis, there is always someone out there who wants a van now, not waiting until next year. Yes prices may be a bit lower but on the other hand supply will be short if everyone holds back. It is a weird conundrum, probably only solved by ‘trying it’.

Are YOU intending to give up campervaning? I doubt it. The market is always self regulating. I’m not suggesting prices will be at their best but humans have a way of getting used to things. Owning a Cali is generally an expensive and unnecessary activity, but we still do it!
True - I'm seeing lots of grumblings online re the diesel prices and campervanning but it's on groups where people own (without sounding like a snob!) much cheaper conversions / self conversions and therefore may be more price sensitive....
 
Thanks for the replies! Yeah it's not the ideal time to sell so will prob take a hit on what I get for it, but needed a lwb kombi for work fairly soon, and at least I know I can gradually add camping bits to it ie a pop roof as time goes on.
 
Back
Top