Winter Storage without 240v

Chris Ratay

Chris Ratay

Overlanding South America w T6.1 Ocean 204, 4M+
VIP Member
Messages
193
Location
Budapest
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I will be traveling in my other camper for a couple of months, live downtown in an apartment, and my underground garage in the city where the T6.1 is parked doesn't have any power supply to plug in to.

When parked and unused, the leisure batteries drain, and I would like to deter that.

If I disconnect the negative on the leisure battery under the seat, will that take out just that battery, or the 2nd one as well? That one is easy to access - Getting to the 2nd leisure battery in the Ocean is a cumbersome undertaking.

Any other suggestions for battery maintenance during long-term storage? "Take it for a drive" is not an option

View attachment VW parking.jpg
 
I will be traveling in my other camper for a couple of months, live downtown in an apartment, and my underground garage in the city where the T6.1 is parked doesn't have any power supply to plug in to.

When parked and unused, the leisure batteries drain, and I would like to deter that.

If I disconnect the negative on the leisure battery under the seat, will that take out just that battery, or the 2nd one as well? That one is easy to access - Getting to the 2nd leisure battery in the Ocean is a cumbersome undertaking.

Any other suggestions for battery maintenance during long-term storage? "Take it for a drive" is not an option

View attachment 151173
Both negatives or both positives should be disconnected to isolate both batteries .
 
I noticed that simply disconnecting the camper control unit fuse reduces the camper battery drain to almost nothing. Had mine at more than 70% after 5 months


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I noticed that simply disconnecting the camper control unit fuse reduces the camper battery drain to almost nothing. Had mine at more than 70% after 5 months


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely worth trying, thanks. For clarity, specifically where and which is the fuse?
 
Back
Top