Wind out awning issue

Outanbout

Outanbout

Messages
86
Location
Guildford Surrey
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Here's hoping you are able to help.
I notice that when rolling the factory fitted awning back in the awnings plastic covering is tending to bunch up a bit in the centre section.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks for reading this post.

Chris.
 
A picture often helps
 
Here's hoping you are able to help.
I notice that when rolling the factory fitted awning back in the awnings plastic covering is tending to bunch up a bit in the centre section.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks for reading this post.

Chris.
Is it hot weather? That will do it.
 
Good idea. I'll try and download photos.

Yes, it is hot today.

Chris
You will find that in cooler weather, the awning may recover and wind in without wrinkles. Ours has wrinkled in hot weather and recovered in cooler weather. You may be ok. Just keep an eye on it and try to store it flat as soon as you are able.
 
Thank you for your replies, they are very much appreciated.

I'll leave it out wound out until it's a little cooler this evening, then give it another go and report back.

Thanks again.

Great Club!

Chris.
 
Ours - from 2008 - is incredibly robust. It got massively bent out of shape in a hail storm but is now back as it was.
 
Thank you for your replies, they are very much appreciated.

I'll leave it out wound out until it's a little cooler this evening, then give it another go and report back.

Thanks again.

Great Club!

Chris.
If it's Hot, Cool it with a bucket of water, then wind it back in.
 
Ours captured several gallons of rain one night and stretched to form a huge bulge. I nearly papped my pants when opening the sliding door and seeing it. I lower one leg now to encourage flow off.
Over a couple of days the fabric got its normal shape back but is prone to wrinkling in hot weather. Again, it soon refreshs itself.
To the OP I would say 'don't panic' and follow the great advice given by others above. :thumb
 
Thank you all for your great comments and suggestions.
Yup...The problem was the heat as once cool it rolled back without any wrinkling.

Thanks once again for your help.

Chris.
 
I'd never really noticed this but having used it on and off over 12 days in France i noticed this too.... I thought it was normal so just wound it out a bit and tried to wind back in keeping taught... never really worked.
But if heat is the issue, then I can blame the 39-42 degrees!!
 
Back
Top