Toilet Cassette Housing - External Door Flap won’t close - VW Grand Cali 600

A

Andyo

Messages
13
Location
Chester
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

Often while camping, when I go to empty the toilet cassette on my 2021 VW Grand California 600 and return with the empty tank, the external door flap on the van will not close. The latch just keeps on springing back open.

This is intermittent. It doesn’t happen every single time and there appears to be no pattern to the van either being on camping mode or not..

When it does happen, it’s a right pain as typically it’s when we’re about to set off on a drive and obviously we can’t do that with the door flap hanging open. I press the latch multiple times and sometimes it clicks in place after a while. I have noticed that sometimes holding the latch in place in the closed position while using the fob to lock the van central locking and unlock sometimes brings the latch back to life and then it starts to reengage, I.e it clicks in closed position with a push and back to open with another push. Once it does this, it’s continues to operate as normal for a while..

I’m wondering if it’s a known issue? A software glitch maybe? Or an issue with the latch itself?

If anyone has experienced this and could please impart some wisdom here, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
Andy
 
Do you turn off the big red switch in the rear when this happens? On my 2024 GC600 it stops locking or unlocking the toilet cassette door with the central locking via the fob when the red switch is off. Not sure if this is what you mean.
 
Do you turn off the big red switch in the rear when this happens? On my 2024 GC600 it stops locking or unlocking the toilet cassette door with the central locking via the fob when the red switch is off. Not sure if this is what you mean.
I haven’t tried that as typically the garage space and cupboard area is packed up when we’re about to head off, with lots of items in the way. I will try it next time though, so effectively we’re suggesting a full reset..

I don’t think this is the fix as I’m fairly sure I’ve reset the red switch at some point recently for a different reason and had the same problem either side of that event but thank you, it’s definitely something to try next time.
 
Back
Top