T6.1 Coast (2020) - navigation continually rebooting

S

Susie Sandgate

Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
10
Location
Folkestone
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi, the navigation on our van is continually rebooting (every couple of minutes) - with the result that as well as the navigation not working, neither does the radio or any music system or the reversing camera when it is rebooting.
I called in at a VW car place that I was passing and they said I needed to get a diagnostic from a VW Commercial Centre. I also asked at a local garage that I was passing and they thought it might be a software update that is needed.
It stopped working after being stuck in traffic on the M25 last week for an hour in mid 30s temperatures, I wondered whether it overheated?
We have tried a soft reboot (holding down the power button for 30 seconds) but that did not do anything.
I could not see anything on a recent forum about this (since 2021).
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
 
In between rebooting does it work normally?

Usual culprit for this sort of bizarre behaviour is often the digital touchscreen failing. Search under "touchscreen" for lots of similar threads. You can either DIY repair ( not hugely complicated) or there are some places that you can send it to - again the info is in one of the threads.
 
In between rebooting does it work normally?

Usual culprit for this sort of bizarre behaviour is often the digital touchscreen failing. Search under "touchscreen" for lots of similar threads. You can either DIY repair ( not hugely complicated) or there are some places that you can send it to - again the info is in one of the threads.
Thank you - I'll take a look at that. Between rebooting it works normally for about 20 seconds only. I'll look at the touchscreen threads.
Thanks again.
 
Ours did this too when we were in Italy in very hot weather. My obd2 scanner has given a fault code U105400. I’ve done a bit of googling and come up with this
“The rebooting issue during hot weather confirms the U105400 code is due to thermal shutdownrather than a wiring failure.
Volkswagen 5F infotainment modules run very hot. When cabin temperatures spike, the internal processor overheats, freezes, and forces a hard reboot to protect itself from permanent heat damage. Once the car cools down, the system functions normally again.”
Our friends van did the same too . California t6.1 2021
 
We had similar issues with out T6.1 2020. The 1st owner did not apply the required software updates. Had a regular VW-workshop do the update. Completely solved the issue.
 
Ours did this too when we were in Italy in very hot weather. My obd2 scanner has given a fault code U105400. I’ve done a bit of googling and come up with this
“The rebooting issue during hot weather confirms the U105400 code is due to thermal shutdownrather than a wiring failure.
Volkswagen 5F infotainment modules run very hot. When cabin temperatures spike, the internal processor overheats, freezes, and forces a hard reboot to protect itself from permanent heat damage. Once the car cools down, the system functions normally again.”
Our friends van did the same too . California t6.1 2021
Thanks so much for your reply. Sadly our vehicle has cooled down (13.5 degrees yesterday in Harrogate!) but the system has not started functioning normally.
 
We had similar issues with out T6.1 2020. The 1st owner did not apply the required software updates. Had a regular VW-workshop do the update. Completely solved the issue.
Thanks so much for your reply. A local garage suggested it needed a software update. Sounds like I might need to take it to a VW centre.
 
Hi, the navigation on our van is continually rebooting (every couple of minutes) - with the result that as well as the navigation not working, neither does the radio or any music system or the reversing camera when it is rebooting.
I called in at a VW car place that I was passing and they said I needed to get a diagnostic from a VW Commercial Centre. I also asked at a local garage that I was passing and they thought it might be a software update that is needed.
It stopped working after being stuck in traffic on the M25 last week for an hour in mid 30s temperatures, I wondered whether it overheated?
We have tried a soft reboot (holding down the power button for 30 seconds) but that did not do anything.
I could not see anything on a recent forum about this (since 2021).
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
As an update, I am very happy to report that after not being started for some 10 days, the problem seems to be sorted - and navigation, radio and reversing camera all functioning as they should.
So VW Diagnostics canceled for now.
Fingers crossed!
 
As an update, I am very happy to report that after not being started for some 10 days, the problem seems to be sorted - and navigation, radio and reversing camera all functioning as they should.
So VW Diagnostics canceled for now.
Fingers crossed!
Could that software update perhaps have happened without you noticing and then solved the problem?
 
Ours reboots quite often but only one reboot then it’s fine. Software is up to date and it’s not related to temperature. Last one was a few days ago at 17degC
 
Ours reboots quite often but only one reboot then it’s fine. Software is up to date and it’s not related to temperature. Last one was a few days ago at 17degC
Similar on mine…
But it’s something that has only started in recent month. Before never noticed it as much.
I’m also up-to-date on software.

Cheers
 

Similar threads

Almost bought a california
Replies
6
Views
482
WelshGas
WelshGas
Vixitrix
Replies
18
Views
5K
flying banana
flying banana
Dealer Reviews
Replies
0
Views
1K
Dealer Reviews
Dealer Reviews
Back
Top