Software update???

David M

David M

Messages
19
Location
North Wales
Vehicle
Grand California 600
We have a GC600 just coming up to one year old, I have been contacted a few weeks ago by the local VW dealership asking if they can book the vehicle in for a full software update!
They say they will require the vehicle for 2 days.

Its Booked in next week but just wondering :
Has anyone else with the 25 Grand had any request... my concern is that its worked fine for 12 months and we are due to go abroad again later this month and not sure i want to be a "Guinea pig" with new updates whilst abroad - the phrase " if its not broken leave it well alone" comes to mind.

Anyway just seeing if anyone else has had the new software request?
 
We have a GC600 just coming up to one year old, I have been contacted a few weeks ago by the local VW dealership asking if they can book the vehicle in for a full software update!
They say they will require the vehicle for 2 days.

Its Booked in next week but just wondering :
Has anyone else with the 25 Grand had any request... my concern is that its worked fine for 12 months and we are due to go abroad again later this month and not sure i want to be a "Guinea pig" with new updates whilst abroad - the phrase " if its not broken leave it well alone" comes to mind.

Anyway just seeing if anyone else has had the new software request?
You are lucky. I’ve had mine from new since January and it had all sorts of issues (Including battery management). I booked it in with Liverpool Van centre to diagnose, and after waiting an unacceptable amount of time for them to see it, they applied a major software update around a month ago (part of a scheduled recall). This does seem to have fixed a lot of the issues, but going to give it a while longer before being convinced.

I’m away in it at the moment, so I can’t check, but my service report lists the update version. I’ll report back next week to see if it’s the same as your scheduled one.
 
There is this for reading on another forum.

Might give a clue of where you are on the updates.
:)
 
Back
Top