Roof stuck in driver front side California T 6.1

U

UrosFink

Messages
1
Location
Slovenija
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello everyone!

I’m having a small issue with the electrically operated hydraulic pop-up roof. It is California beach t6.1, 2020. Let me try to describe the problem:

The front driver’s side does not fully close when I press and hold the CLOSE button. The roof, or rather the front scissor mechanism, rests against the roof profile, as you can see in the photos.

Just before the roof closes completely, you can also see that it is slightly tilted to one side — the passenger side is lower than the driver’s side. This makes me think that the scissor mechanism is hitting the roof profile.
To close the roof successfully, I have to briefly press and hold the OPEN button at the very end, which allows the driver’s side to fully close and move out of the guide into the position where it is completely closed.
The other way I can successfully close it is by applying a small amount of inward pressure to the roof while it is closing.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and managed to fix it successfully?
I have a feeling that the rear scissor mechanism may need some adjustment, but i dont have balls to re-center the roof by myself. Could that be the case?


Thanks for any advice!



IMG_1777.jpegIMG_1776.jpegIMG_1775.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2420.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1815.jpeg
 
Looks as if the roof has become twisted somehow? Habe you checked the scissor mounting bolts at the rear, perhaps they are loose?
I would imagine there will be some alignment play in these bolts?
 
Back
Top