Re-registration following latest software update email

acer

acer

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
1,341
Location
North Hertfordshire
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We have received an email purportedly from Volkswagen advising us that “in order to be able to use the mobile online services and the Volkswagen app” we will need to re-register with chassis number ….

What’s that all about then? Has anyone else received that one? Am I now an old codger about to be scammed?
 
No but we we kicked off on a recent up date and had to log back in including van details
 
Last edited:
We have received an email purportedly from Volkswagen advising us that “in order to be able to use the mobile online services and the Volkswagen app” we will need to re-register with chassis number ….

What’s that all about then? Has anyone else received that one? Am I now an old codger about to be scammed?
Are you able to contact someone at VW group to verify it's from them? By phone not by return email. (teaching grandad to suck eggs!)
:cheers
 
We have received an email purportedly from Volkswagen advising us that “in order to be able to use the mobile online services and the Volkswagen app” we will need to re-register with chassis number ….

What’s that all about then? Has anyone else received that one? Am I now an old codger about to be scammed?
Yep we’ve had same email
 
I received the same email, I haven’t tried to do anything yet, a bit confused to be honest.
 
Back
Top