C
cjuk
I'm posting this to help others as it took multiple sources and some incorrect information on mib-helper.com before I managed to get the software updated.
We recently purchased a T6.1 California Ocean, the previous owner had not performed the OTA updates, and after 6 months of ownership and several factory cycles, I gave up on expecting the over the air (OTA) updates.
We were experiencing pretty frequent system crashes and reboots. The unit showed the following version information, which appeared quite dated:
Device Part Number: 3G1035820B
Hardware: H57
MOI3_EU_VW_R836L
Software Version: 0836
Following guidance at mib-helper.com, it suggested upgrading to
MOI3_EU_VW_R9690L - version 1969 (MOI3_EU_VW_R9690_(1969)_3D8919360P)
https://mib-helper.com/index.php?train=MOI3_EU_VW_R8360L
However, after downloading this, the MIB3 hardware variant for 1969 is newer than the MQB platform in my van.
1969 supports MIB3 hardware variant: : FM3-*-*-EU-VW-MQ2-LG
Following the guidance from VW, the latest possible version is: MOI3_EU_VW_R8890L - version 0889
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/about-my-vehicle/software-updates.html
Following the online videos, I managed to upgrade to the latest version I could find for download and update via USB: MOI3_EU_VW_R8830L - version 0883.
0883 supports MIB3 hardware variant: FM3-*-*-EU-VW-MQB-LG
I used an ODB2 tool to reset the 5F version error as described on mib-helper.com. The error has gone away.
I'll monitor to see if the OTA updates process now pushes the latest 1969 version. Nothing so far, still on 0883.
The 0883 update was worthwhile - faster startup, snappier touchscreen, and hopefully no more crashes and reboots - time will tell...
We recently purchased a T6.1 California Ocean, the previous owner had not performed the OTA updates, and after 6 months of ownership and several factory cycles, I gave up on expecting the over the air (OTA) updates.
We were experiencing pretty frequent system crashes and reboots. The unit showed the following version information, which appeared quite dated:
Device Part Number: 3G1035820B
Hardware: H57
MOI3_EU_VW_R836L
Software Version: 0836
Following guidance at mib-helper.com, it suggested upgrading to
MOI3_EU_VW_R9690L - version 1969 (MOI3_EU_VW_R9690_(1969)_3D8919360P)
https://mib-helper.com/index.php?train=MOI3_EU_VW_R8360L
However, after downloading this, the MIB3 hardware variant for 1969 is newer than the MQB platform in my van.
1969 supports MIB3 hardware variant: : FM3-*-*-EU-VW-MQ2-LG
Following the guidance from VW, the latest possible version is: MOI3_EU_VW_R8890L - version 0889
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/about-my-vehicle/software-updates.html
Following the online videos, I managed to upgrade to the latest version I could find for download and update via USB: MOI3_EU_VW_R8830L - version 0883.
0883 supports MIB3 hardware variant: FM3-*-*-EU-VW-MQB-LG
I used an ODB2 tool to reset the 5F version error as described on mib-helper.com. The error has gone away.
I'll monitor to see if the OTA updates process now pushes the latest 1969 version. Nothing so far, still on 0883.
The 0883 update was worthwhile - faster startup, snappier touchscreen, and hopefully no more crashes and reboots - time will tell...













