Graham
VIP Member
- Messages
- 196
Hi hive mind.
I have a weird intermittent snag on my 2007 SE, as follows:
Unlock door <blip>
Turn key
Sometimes starts, (I have a nice full nearly new battery). Sometimes turns over but will not fire. Sometimes churns briefly then just stops.
If it doesn’t start, I take the key out, blip locked and unlocked, and try again.
Then it starts. Every now & again I have to repeat the lock/unlock cycle.
Has anyone else had a similar issue and solved it?
I can’t work out whether it is key, lock, immobiliser, starter solenoid, some random loom issue. I get the same with both keys, so probably not that. When it starts, it starts just fine. It’s intermittent & happens more when I use the van less. I can live with it as I know a workaround, but it’d be nice to fix it properly as I do like to turn off in long queues to avoid emissions & getting started again is red light roulette!
Many thanks.
I have a weird intermittent snag on my 2007 SE, as follows:
Unlock door <blip>
Turn key
Sometimes starts, (I have a nice full nearly new battery). Sometimes turns over but will not fire. Sometimes churns briefly then just stops.
If it doesn’t start, I take the key out, blip locked and unlocked, and try again.
Then it starts. Every now & again I have to repeat the lock/unlock cycle.
Has anyone else had a similar issue and solved it?
I can’t work out whether it is key, lock, immobiliser, starter solenoid, some random loom issue. I get the same with both keys, so probably not that. When it starts, it starts just fine. It’s intermittent & happens more when I use the van less. I can live with it as I know a workaround, but it’d be nice to fix it properly as I do like to turn off in long queues to avoid emissions & getting started again is red light roulette!
Many thanks.













