Great forum fallouts

I think infact the "to leave or not to leave" subject becamè rather personel between some members, that the "B" word was officially banned, so l'm not going to mention it.
 
Who can remember KerrnowLad. I seem to remember he fellout with the powers that be, and was banned from posting on the forum.
 
Who can remember KerrnowLad. I seem to remember he fellout with the powers that be, and was banned from posting on the forum.
It was KernowLad and his strong preference for a manual gearbox over DSG that came to my mind. Did seem to be able to start an argument in an empty room.
Incidentally a fellow member of the kayak club I'm in owned Kernow Lad's ex California up until last year.
 
Who can remember KerrnowLad. I seem to remember he fellout with the powers that be, and was banned from posting on the forum.
I remember Chris Sloanes made quite an impact with his short time here (maybe still watching?). I still follow him on youtube as he went from T6.1 to Grand Cali 600 to a huger Mobilvetta Coachbuilt. I've bought some of his travel guides too.
 
Wild camping v staying on a campsite must be in there somewhere
 
There must be huge potential for a 6 verses 7 punch up? They’re such different beasts, I mean, just the double sliding door alone could rumble on for months. Nobody in the history of campervaning has ever uttered the sentence “I wish I had another sliding door on that side”
 
There must be huge potential for a 6 verses 7 punch up? They’re such different beasts, I mean, just the double sliding door alone could rumble on for months. Nobody in the history of campervaning has ever uttered the sentence “I wish I had another sliding door on that side”

Yep, lots of differences of opinions between the 6 and the 7 (that's not including whether it is really called a 7), but I'm very much in the camp of drive whatever suits your own personal situation best.

I'm a 6.1 Beach owner, some of the refinement of the 7 might be nice but it is simply too small for us (it might be longer but internally it is smaller). However, the double doors do appeal to me, having a breeze through the van on a hot summer evening sounds nice to me.
 
Nobody in the history of campervaning has ever uttered the sentence “I wish I had another sliding door on that side”
Actually… they did, didn’t they? In fact, isn’t it another timeless debate on this forum: the fact that the sliding door on the California is on the “wrong” side for the UK & Ireland.
 
Yep, lots of differences of opinions between the 6 and the 7 (that's not including whether it is really called a 7), but I'm very much in the camp of drive whatever suits your own personal situation best.

I'm a 6.1 Beach owner, some of the refinement of the 7 might be nice but it is simply too small for us (it might be longer but internally it is smaller). However, the double doors do appeal to me, having a breeze through the van on a hot summer evening sounds nice to me.
The comment I liked best was “reverse tardis” - bigger on the outside, smaller on the inside.
 
The comment I liked best was “reverse tardis” - bigger on the outside, smaller on the inside.
There is that, but don’t mention the “no height adjustment” of the 6.1 drivers seat. Ugh.
 
There must be huge potential for a 6 verses 7 punch up? They’re such different beasts, I mean, just the double sliding door alone could rumble on for months. Nobody in the history of campervaning has ever uttered the sentence “I wish I had another sliding door on that side”
Always hard to tell if those of us on the T5/6 side of the debate are just coming up with reasons to justify sticking with what we have (whilst secretly coveting the £££ T7 we can't afford) or whether VW's complete departure from the tried and tested means the smaller, less practical car based van is just not ticking our boxes. Not disimilar to the old Ocean drivers' looking down on "poor" Beach owners when in reality the Ocean just doesn't have the flexility some of us covet. It's sad in some ways that there isn't a suitable future replacement in VW's stable.
 
In fact, isn’t it another timeless debate on this forum: the fact that the sliding door on the California is on the “wrong” side for the UK & Ireland.
Good point! That might make the top 10
 
Bronze wheels ?
 
Followed a T7 yesterday. Tiny indicators.
 
Don’t hear much from @Amarillo these days :(

I still read the messages occasionally. But only post when out and about in the van.

I slept in it last night with the boys, now 11 & 12. We camped in a lay-by with toilets on the A458 just outside Shrewsbury.

Tonight we are in a tent halfway up Cadair Idris.
9f1fb9a4e7f5fbc43b9a34617a856cf8.jpg
 
Back
Top