Holly Bus
this may sound a silly question but I have just bought a 2016 Cali that said it has a removable tow bar. I can't find it ! I called the previous owner who said it was underneath by the spare wheel but i cant find it. Can anyone assist..
Mine was behind the little hatch on the left wheel arch. Stupid place to keep it as you can't get to it (and the jack) without moving the multi flex thing.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yea - I thought that was a dumb place to stow emergency equipment in the Beach. I have relocated the warning triangle and first aid kit to under the driver's seat, along with four hi-viz jackets and the curtains. The removable towbar is fitted in place on the back of the van in the hope that if someone runs into me at low speed such as when parking it is that they will hit and nothing else. The jack remains in the compartment along with the MPPT charger for the solar panels. I can remove the compartment cover without moving the muti flex thing, and check the panels' and battery's status. A much better setup.Mine was behind the little hatch on the left wheel arch. Stupid place to keep it as you can't get to it (and the jack) without moving the multi flex thing.
Thanks Andy. All sorted.Apols for delay in thanking.theres a black rectangular box screwed to the bottom of the back of the rear seat that should have the jack, tower and locking wheel nut key in it.
The VW California Club is the worlds largest resource for all owners and enthusiasts of VW California campervans.