Water System

L

logyk

VIP Member
Messages
94
What do you use to clean/sterilize the water system in your Cali and how often would you do so, particularly after the vehicle has been left unused for a long period of time (eg over winter) ?

I am thinking of using Milton or a non-branded equivalent, on the basis that if it is safe enough for baby bottles etc, it should be safe for the cali.

Any views ?
 
You have just answered your own question milton :thumb
 
Yes I use miltons. Put a little in the tank, half fill tank & then go for a drive. Then drain & rinse tank a few times to get rid of the taste.
 
Another vote for Miltons... I dilute it in a couple of litres of water first as I don't fancy spilling pure Miltons on the van etc... Top it up, drive around, leave for 30 minutes and then run it out through the tap (in stages to give the pump a rest rather than constantly running)

Rinse out the main tank a couple of times with fresh water...

Worked for over 5 years... no problems yet.

rgds
Mark
 

Similar threads

FredFlintstone
Replies
49
Views
14K
FredFlintstone
FredFlintstone
Little owl1963
Replies
4
Views
1K
secret lemonade drinker
S
CampervanBits
Replies
0
Views
1K
CampervanBits
CampervanBits
Back
Top