VW Didn’t Charge My Batteries During Three Month Warranty Maintenance So…

Carabiner

Carabiner

Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
104
Location
Edinburgh
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
…is it reasonable to expect them to replaced my leisure and engine batteries? I ‘think’ the batteries may be still accepting charge, but I’m concerned they will have been damaged/have reduced life from the lack of maintenance. Our tracker tells us clearly the van (3 year old 6.1) wasn’t switched on for extended periods and repeated (seven) emails to the service team to ask them to put the van on charge were not taken seriously. Thanks for any guidance.
 
Gah, thanks, I think you’re onto something there!
 
If the batteries are damaged I could see your point. Given they seem not to be I’d not bother spoiling for a fight you don’t need to have.
 
If the batteries are damaged I could see your point. Given they seem not to be I’d not bother spoiling for a fight you don’t need to have.
Thanks. I guess it’s the reduction in capacity of the batteries I’m concerned about, rather than whether they’re completely failed. It’s a good point.
 
Back
Top