Towing eye on t5.1 (2011)

Gazbibelots1860

Gazbibelots1860

VIP Member
Messages
180
Location
Bristol
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, would anyone with a T5.1 please be able to share a photo of where the tow eye screw hole is that the tow eye needs to screw into? I need to send someone some instructions on where to find it and how to safely pop off any trim?

I’ve read mixed thjngs about whether it’s behind the fog light trim or behind a round cover

Thanks
 
1787761412776.png

If you ask ChatGPT it shows you this photo. So standing in front of the T5 it's at the left side, just pull off a small piece of plastic cover. The thread is left turning!

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
 
BTW use some ugly force to remove the plastic cover, and it will sound like a terrible crack.
Put some grease in the hole before you screw the hook in. This prevents rust in future.

Marc.
 
Thanks very much for this, is there a little leverage point? May be a silly question but I’m assuming it’s the same side on a RHD UK van?
 
Thanks very much for this, is there a little leverage point? May be a silly question but I’m assuming it’s the same side on a RHD UK van?
Yes same side on RHD cover can be a little stiff to get off there is a small clip on one side.
 
If you look carefully you might see a slot where you can push in a thin blade to lever an integral "catch" retaining the cover - at least I think that's how it is on the T5
 
Back
Top