Thin Topper: Recommendations, and ‘Could You Leave it in the Pop-Top’?

T

The Lost Jockey

Messages
23
Location
Harrogate
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Thank you for helping. I have a T5 California 2009. I am after a thin-ish topper. Any recommendations and details of where to buy, and the price?

Would you leave your topper in the pop-top when it folds down? Would it compromise the safety of the pop-top when driving?

Thank you for your time.
 
I use an easy camp inflatable mattrass (IIRC this one: https://www.easycamp.com/nl-nl/webshop/alle-producten/skylark-slaapmat-double-5-0-cm in a California T6.1.
It can stay in the pop-top, even when I forget to open the valves, and I can leave my sleeping bag in it also, provided I put it in the middle and to the back (in the back, there's less tissue to fold in).
It all closes nicely, even with the Brandrup Isotop V installed.
 
I use a Vango r&r sim and leave it there with the roof down, I deflate it with a Vango tempest pump so it’s nice and flat and there’s no faffing about trying to squeeze all the air out while upstairs. Also with a sim you can adjust the pressure to get your desired level of comfyness, I also leave a comfy matress protector and fitted sheet on it for added softness, works a treat. Remove the original first.
 
Back
Top