The good old days……

One thing in grateful for the good old days is that those guys worked it all out, how to camp, where to camp, what to camp in, what utensils you’ll need, how to find campsites.

These days, you buy a van, you open up a forum to get a kit list, open up park for night to find all the sites, use Google translate to send booking requests.

It really couldn’t be any easier. Thank you good old days, we stand on the shoulders of giants.
And your van had a 50HP aircooled engine, 4 gears, 60mph top speed, crap heating, a roof that weighed a ton, a fuel tank the size of a milk bottle, and don't even mention the sliding door that woke the whole campsite twice a night.
This was me in 2018 by the way, and I apologise if you were ever stuck behind me on a hill or camped within a 2 mile radius. Or if you were a CCC warden who, for some reason, seem to loathe old vans.
 
You know ur age when you say -

Wagon Wheels - not the same size as they were !

But thats the same with shrinkflation on everything these days :)
 
Told my wife that I'm refined and discerning now that I'm a t7 owner, she just said .. and i quote “I don’t care, you still look like a tramp when you go out”…..thats love for ya
 
Personally, I’m delighted so many of the long-standing forum members are still active on this forum and regularly posting. I’m a relative newbie, having only joined in 2019, but almost all the ‘top posters’ then are still active on here now.

I won’t call out specific members and Moderators here as will inevitably miss some, but we all benefit from how much value, wisdom and fun these long-standing contributors have added over their years on here.

The ‘back-catalogue’ of the threads on here makes the forum a fun place to check in - either regularly, or from time to time. Long may that continue.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top