T7 Thule awning end cap

Chriskend

Chriskend

Chris
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
285
Location
Powfoot
Vehicle
T7 ocean
Afternoon all, don’t know if this will help anyone but might be worth posting,. I have read about owners losing the end cap on the awning and having to replace it, I also read somewhere (might have been on here) about using a slice of inner tube to secure it. A massive thank you to whoever it was. I found an old motorcycle inner tube and sliced a 15-20mm section out. It fits perfectly over the cap so no more worry about losing it down the motorway, best of all I have plenty of spares if I leave it behind.
it’s a Pirelli tube so a spot of quality on the van :bananadance2

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg
 
I’ve got some old bike inner tubes I’m gona chuck away 26”, not sure which bike that was, but this is a great call ! Cool :cool:
 
Wow, this brings back memories.
My grandad use to use old inner tubes for lots of things and i had forgotten about that.
Trouble is all mine are 28C at best so not going to fit alot
 
Afternoon all, don’t know if this will help anyone but might be worth posting,. I have read about owners losing the end cap on the awning and having to replace it, I also read somewhere (might have been on here) about using a slice of inner tube to secure it. A massive thank you to whoever it was. I found an old motorcycle inner tube and sliced a 15-20mm section out. It fits perfectly over the cap so no more worry about losing it down the motorway, best of all I have plenty of spares if I leave it behind.
it’s a Pirelli tube so a spot of quality on the van :bananadance2

View attachment 151432

View attachment 151433

View attachment 151434
Surely they are attached internally rubber as per attached photo

image0.jpeg
 
They can lift at speed and the cheap plastic clip will break, better safe than sorry.
 
Great idea, have a bike inner tube hanging about so will give that a go!
You need a motorbike inner tube.
I tried a bike one. Looked more like a strange musical instrument a bit like bagpipes.
Gona try the Velcro option
 
The inner tube size is in the picture, if anyone wants a couple of slices then send me the postage and I’ll chop a couple off as I have plenty, but I think it would be cheaper just to find an old knackered inner tube
 
I cut the wrist section from a mechanic’s black coloured latex glove and doubled it over. Works a treat!

image.jpg
 
Silicone wrist bands the type you get at charities and festivals !

IMG_1338.jpeg
 
Back
Top