Surf Key for T6.1

Davilu

Davilu

VIP Member
Messages
93
Location
Kent
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve trawled through lots of threads on this issue but still can’t find the answer - anyone know where I can get a T6.1 Surf Key?
 
VW Keyman, Matt O’Driscoll, 07804 753022, vwkeyman@.com. I had him copy my key (at the VW Stanford Hall show) and then I removed most of the plastic fob myself leaving just the stub which has a useful hole for putting on a hook/string/chain.

Speak to him, I think he may even be able to do copies off a photo, although what he can do depends on the year of manufacture.
 
Great, thanks for the helpful responses.
 
VW Keyman, Matt O’Driscoll, 07804 753022, vwkeyman@.com. I had him copy my key (at the VW Stanford Hall show) and then I removed most of the plastic fob myself leaving just the stub which has a useful hole for putting on a hook/string/chain.

Speak to him, I think he may even be able to do copies off a photo, although what he can do depends on the year of manufacture.
the mail address is not complete ... Is it possible to post it ?
 
Ahhh, it is some form of self-correcting arrangement each of the several times I copy and paste. This kept happening whatever I type. You need to add before ’ .com’ a five letter word starting with g and ending with mail.

You are not a VIP member unfortunately so I cannot send you a personal message.
 
Last edited:
Ahhh, it is some form of self-correcting arrangement each of the several times I copy and paste. This kept happening whatever I type. You need to add before ’ .com’ a five letter word starting with g and ending with mail.

You are not a VIP member unfortunately so I cannot send you a personal message.
Thanks !

BTW, about the VIP membership: this is one of the few forums I would like to become a member of, but most of the benefits are not available for non-UK residents, and in that regard, the cost of VIP membership is quite high (at least, I did not find anywhere another cost for non-UK residents).
 
Ahhh, it is some form of self-correcting arrangement each of the several times I copy and paste. This kept happening whatever I type. You need to add before ’ .com’ a five letter word starting with g and ending with mail.

You are not a VIP member unfortunately so I cannot send you a personal message.
Yes ,it's to prevent Internet Bots harvesting email addresses. There is a way around it by taking a screenshot of the email address or inserting symbols in the address.
 
Thanks !

BTW, about the VIP membership: this is one of the few forums I would like to become a member of, but most of the benefits are not available for non-UK residents, and in that regard, the cost of VIP membership is quite high (at least, I did not find anywhere another cost for non-UK residents).
@calikev @Martin . Is there a special membership for Overseas members who cannot use the various Forum Discounts?
 
Hi, I read this at the time but had nothing to add. However, while on holiday recently in a surf spot I saw this solution on another Cali. I know that some do not have usable door handles like this, but another person attached the lock box to the tow hook at the front - I did think that it could be unscrewed, so not as safe!

IMG_7975.jpeg
 
Not too bad a solution if you just put a surf key (without the electronic fob) in it, and hide the full fob successfully within the van). But leaving your full key fob inside would make a very easy steal with a battery angle grinder on hand (I always carry one in my California just in case someone tries to lock me in somewhere).
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

L
Replies
3
Views
4K
Paulro
Paulro
J
Replies
76
Views
22K
Stu@rt
Stu@rt
S
Replies
5
Views
2K
spitzie
S
Amarillo
Replies
36
Views
11K
Hotel California
H
Back
Top