Solar kit help

A

Arron b

VIP Member
Messages
56
Location
Manchester
Vehicle
Hi I’ve managed to get a new unused solar kit and the paperwork states solar camp solutions kit for t5 t6. Could anyone tell me if this would also fit the t6.1 ocean an even though its all new would anything benefit on being updated as the chap had the kit awhile unused

IMG_6228.jpeg
 
Looks like a Roger solar camper solutions kit.
Brilliant bit of kit.
Check out some posts from Roger
Search is your best friend.
Solarcamper solutions.
 
Thanks for the reply’s guys I’ll have a good read of the instructions. An getvthe courage to fit it. Is the anything needed for adding a second panel with this setup?
 
Depends if you want parallel or series panels
 
Thanks for the reply’s guys I’ll have a good read of the instructions. An getvthe courage to fit it. Is the anything needed for adding a second panel with this setup?

Install should take 2hrs max including tea break. Instructions are very detailed. But a cheap set of trim removal tools on eBay as makes removing plastic interior trim far easier.

Just need a to buy a 2nd panel with 2 wires (i/o one wire). The 2 wire panel then sits towards the rear of the van, existing panel moves towards the centre of the van.

Solar solutions will be able to sell you an additional panel.
 
Last edited:
I installed mine on a separate aluminium sheet in the top rear cupboard of a 6.1 Ocean
 
Roger Donaghue at Solar camper solutions will sure be delighted to help out with an extra panel
I fitted mine in about two hours and works brilliant
 
Thanks for the reply’s guys I’ll have a good read of the instructions. An getvthe courage to fit it. Is the anything needed for adding a second panel with this setup?
Four more observations and I’ll let you get on with it
Make sure you use the helicopter tape under the curly cord

Fit a 2 pole breaker between the panel and the EPEVER so you can isolate the panel. I seem to remember that if you connect the panel to the controller before it’s connected to the battery, you can fry the controllers brains. Maybe an old wives tale but not worth the risk

Do not connect the negative connection to the battery, use the battery mounting bolt as suggested

Cable to the passenger seat to charge the ordinary van battery connects under front seat and you have to remove seat for access, don’t switch ignition on with the seat disconnected unless you have Carista or similar to reset the fault
 
EPEVER controller charges the van battery too
Does it? I have the same controller and have been told I need one with a dual battery output to charge the engine battery as well.
 
Does it? I have the same controller and have been told I need one with a dual battery output to charge the engine battery as well.

This Epever unit on the OP post does.
 
Does it? I have the same controller and have been told I need one with a dual battery output to charge the engine battery as well.
Bought mine from Roger and it most certainly does charge both, only when the leisure batteries are full though
 
Bought mine from Roger and it most certainly does charge both, only when the leisure batteries are full though
Yup - Roger did warn me it was a bit pants really for charging starter and in reality, it is. There is a newer one that I’ll look at that has more flexible parameters, but in reality it’s never really been an issue.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Back
Top