Remove stains from standard fabric-covered seats

L

LooseCanon

Messages
7
Location
United Kingdom
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello all!
Anyone know an effective way to remove stains from 6.1 Cali standard fabric seats? I've tried Dr Beckmann's carpet cleaner - very good on carpets) but the beggars are still there!
Thanks
Standingree
 
What sort of stains are we talking ?
 
Kernowboy: Yep - Autoglym stuff is pretty effective! Didn't think of that - thanks.

Californication69: Difficult to know exactly was it is, but I do know what it isn't...not blood, ketchup, green veg, or anything colourful. Neither is it biological(!). Best guess is milk, maybe - while we have breakfast in the van, the stain is recent but we haven't cooked in it for some long time.
 
I've got a Bissell spot carpet cleaner, purchased to clean up cat related accidents in the house but works brilliantly on the van seats. Don't use any special fluid, had a bottle of generic carpet cleaner in the shed for years.
 
Has anyone used the likes of ScotchGuard to prevent stains?
If so, how effective is it?
 
The old stuff used to be quite good….but they changed the formula, not as good apparently
 
Has anyone used the likes of ScotchGuard to prevent stains?
If so, how effective is it?
I sprayed it on our old van seats once a year. The new buyers were amazed at how well preserved our seats were after 10 years. I’m not aware of a change to the formula and can’t say if it was the new or old formula that we used.

We didn’t use full seat covers, but when in ‘camp mode’ we tuck-in a pre-cut sheet to the horizontal seat area. I’d say that we are also probably more careful than the average campervanner (all due respect to fellow forumites).

If you do it, make sure to ventilate well and wear a face mask, covering up areas that don’t need spraying. I’m sure it’s exceedingly bad for us – forever chemicals etc.

Hope that helps.
 

Similar threads

R
Replies
21
Views
6K
SusiBus
SusiBus
JohnCalifornia
Replies
0
Views
1K
JohnCalifornia
JohnCalifornia
qyouquestion
Replies
6
Views
2K
qyouquestion
qyouquestion
Rusty Mac
Replies
24
Views
7K
Alfiesbuddy
Alfiesbuddy
Back
Top