Over filling with Adblue

The independent VW specialist garage that I went to quoted £1,100 +VAT for a new tank but said he couldn’t get one, even from VW in Germany. He had one on back order but could get no delivery date!
So what's the solution?

Park up until supply of new ad blue tank starts to trickle through sometime in the future ?
 
I’m getting one fitted at VW next week for £1500 all in, the tank was on back order for 2 weeks, I had 400 miles left on MFD so I will be fine.
They did say if it gets to zero miles the engine will keep running it’s only when you turn it off it won’t restart.

I guess you could just leave it running until it’s done haha
 
I’m getting one fitted at VW next week for £1500 all in, the tank was on back order for 2 weeks, I had 400 miles left on MFD so I will be fine.
They did say if it gets to zero miles the engine will keep running it’s only when you turn it off it won’t restart.

I guess you could just leave it running until it’s done haha
Did they charge the £250 diagnostic fee ?

Are they changing just the tank £1100 or Changing the following as well:
1) pump £435
2) supply line £110
3) control module £160

I would be interested to know as the component parts above are expensive.(a bove are approximate costs from TPS excluding Vat)!
 
Last edited:
Did they charge the £250 diagnostic fee ?

Are they changing just the tank £1100 or Changing the following as well:
1) pump £435
2) supply line £110
3) control module £160

I would be interested to know as the component parts above are expensive.(a bove are approximate costs from TPS excluding Vat)!
It includes tank, pump and sensor only and all diagnostics
 
In a moment of insomnia in the post lunch/sunshine I got to wondering the following-

why does adblue require such complex level measurement

Type it into Google and read up on it.
Amazing it works at all!!
God knows how these vans function in cold climates?
 

Similar threads

R
Replies
11
Views
4K
RedWhiteMonkey
R
john eagle
Replies
45
Views
14K
Amarillo
Amarillo
Meoncoast
Replies
63
Views
21K
Gilesplus
Gilesplus
Back
Top