B
BoekiCaliT506
Hello all,
My name is Bouke, I'm from The Netherlands. I have an old, but lovely, red T5 (2006) and wanted to head towards Scotland anytime soon. However, the auxilary heater doesn't work anymore and not only that, it kind of defeated me in trying to get it to work. Here's some more info:
- It's not the engine block heater;
- Tank is half full;
- It had a 25A blown glowplug fuse, which I obiviously replaced. All other fuses under left hand side seat are fine and have voltage going in and out;
- No error codes (checked the panel myself and also have had a VW specialist (not dealer) plug in his scanner;
- I removed the heater itself completely and tested glowplug + had a look inside. All looks very good.
- There is 12V going to the heater (checked the connectors under the right hand seat just before cabling goes outside through the floor);
- There is no power going to the fuel pump;
- Fuel pump is working (connected 12V to it directly);
- I had the headlining replaced earlier this year, it could have something to do with it but not sure what. Connectors and wires on backside of control panel look normal.
Please help...! As said, I kind of feel defeated by this thing at the moment which I really cant stand.
What would be the next thing to look at? The control unit that is in the heater itself?
My name is Bouke, I'm from The Netherlands. I have an old, but lovely, red T5 (2006) and wanted to head towards Scotland anytime soon. However, the auxilary heater doesn't work anymore and not only that, it kind of defeated me in trying to get it to work. Here's some more info:
- It's not the engine block heater;
- Tank is half full;
- It had a 25A blown glowplug fuse, which I obiviously replaced. All other fuses under left hand side seat are fine and have voltage going in and out;
- No error codes (checked the panel myself and also have had a VW specialist (not dealer) plug in his scanner;
- I removed the heater itself completely and tested glowplug + had a look inside. All looks very good.
- There is 12V going to the heater (checked the connectors under the right hand seat just before cabling goes outside through the floor);
- There is no power going to the fuel pump;
- Fuel pump is working (connected 12V to it directly);
- I had the headlining replaced earlier this year, it could have something to do with it but not sure what. Connectors and wires on backside of control panel look normal.
Please help...! As said, I kind of feel defeated by this thing at the moment which I really cant stand.
What would be the next thing to look at? The control unit that is in the heater itself?















