Near side cable for the rear seat/bed

S

steparry16

Messages
2
Location
Isle of Man
Vehicle
Motorhome
Having had the rear seat stuck in the bed position (on holiday in France, with no mechanics to be seen - as many people on the forums have experienced it would seem!) and trying as many different unsuccessful solutions from many forums on how to get it back upright, I sent the Cali to a mechanic who has managed to get it back upright. However, he says the nearside cable needs replacing. Once I've found the cable, he is willing to replace it for me. I have no idea how to find one after many searches online. Does anybody know where I could buy a nearside cable for the rear seat / bed for a 2008?
 
At the risk of stating the bleedin obvious……your nearest VW parts dept?
 
Having had the rear seat stuck in the bed position (on holiday in France, with no mechanics to be seen - as many people on the forums have experienced it would seem!) and trying as many different unsuccessful solutions from many forums on how to get it back upright, I sent the Cali to a mechanic who has managed to get it back upright. However, he says the nearside cable needs replacing. Once I've found the cable, he is willing to replace it for me. I have no idea how to find one after many searches online. Does anybody know where I could buy a nearside cable for the rear seat / bed for a 2008?

For the 2008 California.
 
Thanks WelshGas. Looking at the diagram, it looks like the Bowden cable - same one for near and far side. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, it is the same both sides.
 
Back
Top