More issues - this time water tap and pump

T

Toneb

Messages
69
Location
Market Rasen
Vehicle
More issues - this time a faulty tap microswitch has (most likely) been engaging whist the van stood and knacked the water pump - it makes a noise but no water is emerging from the tap.
 
No direct experience with the water system in the T7 but here's a few suggestions :

Does the microswitch appear to be working OK now? ie pump switches on and off based on opening and closing the tap.

If so, try taking the filler cap off the water tank. Perhaps the breather is blocked causing a vacuum in the tank.

With a full tank of water, the tap fully opened and the pump running, can you suck on the tap outlet and try to draw some water through the pipework to bleed the system and help get the water flowing? Be careful not to fill your lungs with water though if it does start working!!


The pump on the T6.1 does have some cut-off protection from dry running, showing a message on the control panel, but I'm not sure if the same is true for overpressure (caused by say a closed tap but with a microswitch failed in the closed position) . Not sure what protection is built in on the T7, but I would imagine something similar.
 
Hi Toneb,
Having just brought my first campervan, I had the same problem. The pump was making a noise but no water came out. I disconnected the pipe that goes into the tap underneath in the cupboard. (its a bit tricky to pull off but once you have undone the jubilee clip, it should wiggle free. You might need to undo the waste pipe to give yourself more room)
I then turn the tap on and water pored out of the pipe (make sure you got a bowl at hand) The microswitch was working fine but the tap itself seem to be completely block.
I decided to replace the whole tap and now it works fine.
 
I’d open up the water tank and see if the pump outlet pipe has become disconnected. It’s only a push fit, no fasteners. Ours did this, and the pump was whirring away but no water. Once I’d got access to the tank, it was a simple job to position the pump correctly and engage the outlet pipe. A very easy job.

I think this can happen if the van is driven over speed bumps / potholes etc.
 

Similar threads

Lalala
Replies
21
Views
8K
cpjb@btinternet.com
cpjb@btinternet.com
Azteccamper
Replies
7
Views
4K
Janno
Janno
T
Replies
5
Views
2K
Tomek.ka
T
Back
Top