Location of oil filter on T7 2026 2.0L Diesel

cangyroo

cangyroo

VIP Member
Messages
58
Location
Manchester UK
Vehicle
T7 ocean
Have any T7 owners with 2.0L diesel accessed and or changed their oil filter? I’d like to establish its exact location…. I think the van needs jacking up at the front and under tray removing to access it… is this correct?
My engine is a DZLA …. I took this photo underneath my van…. Is that the oil filter housing in the centre?

1791280172226.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Have any T7 owners with 2.0L diesel accessed and or changed their oil filter? I’d like to establish its exact location…. I think the van needs jacking up at the front and under tray removing to access it… is this correct?
My engine is a DZLA
According to AI

The oil filter position on the VAG (Audi/Volkswagen) 2.0 TDI EA288 Evo engine (with engine code DZLA) is located at the top of the engine bay on the right-hand side (passenger side on right-hand drive cars, or driver's side on left-hand drive cars) as you face the vehicle. [1, 2, 3]
 
Thanks for the reply.
On the passenger side, it's just the air filter, there is nothing visible from the top of my engine bay that looks like an oil filter. There's nothing underneath the air filter.

1791280879512.png
 
Thanks for the reply.
On the passenger side, it's just the air filter, there is nothing visible from the top of my engine bay that looks like an oil filter. There's nothing underneath the air filter.

View attachment 152429
Using a more specific search yields this reply. Maybe the DZLA engine can be in different orientations.



On the VW 2026 Multivan with the DZLA 2.0 TDI diesel engine, the engine oil filter is a cartridge element located at the front-bottom of the engine block, facing downwards behind the radiator and in front of the oil sump. [1, 2]
To access and replace the filter, follow these steps:
    • Remove the plastic engine undertray (belly pan) from beneath the vehicle using Torx bits (usually T27/T40). [1, 2, 3]
    • Look upward at the front of the engine block. The black plastic oil filter housing points downward near the air conditioning compressor/alternator area. [1, 2, 3]
    • On this generation of the 2.0 TDI engine, the housing cap features a smaller built-in plastic drain plug (typically 13mm). You can unscrew this first to neatly drain the oil trapped in the filter before taking the housing off. [1, 2]
    • Use a 32mm socket on a ratchet to unscrew the main black plastic oil filter housing cap to swap out the internal paper cartridge and its rubber O-ring. [1, 2, 3]
 
Ahhh, thank you, that makes a lot more sense from what I saw when I removed the under tray. I must say though I am dismayed by the way the filter housing is orientated in that space… it’s accessible but only ‘just’ … surrounded by cables, pipes etc.
oh well!
1791285896372.jpeg
 
Similar to earlier Gen VWs. As stated in the instructions, do make use of the drain plug in the centre of the main hex at the base. Makes life so much cleaner.
 
Thank you: Actually, I'm trying to figure out the best way to remove the drain plug in the centre of the main hex at the base (yellow arrow) ... does this require a special tool? Or, is it simply an Allen Key type that inserts in? I've read that some have a release valve. Looking at the plastic structure around the drain plug, I'm just wondering why it's (constructed) like this? I mean why does it have all that additional plastic around the hex that looks like a flower?

1791290902924.png

1791290243945.png
 
Last edited:
The zig zag plastic structure is a clicking mechanism. Probably to reduce the chance of the drain bung working loose. Use an Allen key to unscrew the bung.
 
The zig zag plastic structure is a clicking mechanism. Probably to reduce the chance of the drain bung working loose. Use an Allen key to unscrew the bung.
Exactly. Just make sure you put it back before you refill.
 
Back
Top