Kampa Cross Air - Issues with main door

K

KBR

VIP Member
Messages
70
Location
Somerset
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All,

I have a Kampa Cross Air awning for my Cali, which in the main is a good bit of kit. However, I've always had a problem with the main door, specifically zipping it closed. When fully set up, there is such tension in the canvas, that I have to use lots of force to do up the zip. The main issue is the top right corner. Following some tests, it is worst when the pole is in position over the doorway, this seems to pull the fabric so tight and make using the zip nearly impossible. I'm either going to break the zip or rip the fabric soon.

There's a good chance I'm missing something, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has this issue, and if so, whether they have solved it. It is ruining the use of what is otherwise a nice bit of kit. I've put some photos showing the area in question and highlighted how the front fabric becomes incredibly stretched and tight when the pole is in position.

Thanks in advance for advice from any fellow owners or those we better tent experience than me.....

IMG_6385.jpeg

IMG_6386.jpeg

IMG_6387.jpeg

IMG_6388.jpeg
 

Similar threads

N
Replies
0
Views
455
Neil Porley..
N
D
Replies
0
Views
516
Driftwood
D
D
Replies
0
Views
619
Driftwood
D
Mike Sutcliffe
  • Locked
Replies
8
Views
3K
Charlotterobin
C
A
Replies
1
Views
1K
Amplefosters
A
Back
Top