Just moving into buying phase

JD109

JD109

Messages
13
Location
Scotland
Vehicle
Hi, after thinking about it for literally years, we’ve recently hired a Cali, and decided to buy at some point over the next 6 months. Just started looking, with a budget of £45k tops. I’ve seen a T6 on 67 plate, Euro 6, with 54k miles for sale at a dealer for £45k. It seems to tick all the boxes, but since we’ve just started looking I’m not sure if we’ve just been lucky to find one right away, or if we can possibly get a better option if we wait.

Ideal would be a 6.1 coast or ocean, but those seem out of reach.

We’d probably prefer to buy from a dealer for added protection on such a major purchase.

Thanks for any advice/thoughts.
 
It seems to tick all the boxes, but since we’ve just started looking I’m not sure if we’ve just been lucky to find one right away, or if we can possibly get a better option if we wait.
Hi, it's no Unicorn, there will be lots of others and the next few months will be a good time to buy with less interest in campervans generally. Don't dismiss buying through this site, there are always lots of adverts and owners on here are generally fanatical about their VW.
 
Hi, it's no Unicorn, there will be lots of others and the next few months will be a good time to buy with less interest in campervans generally. Don't dismiss buying through this site, there are always lots of adverts and owners on here are generally fanatical about their VW.
Thanks, and I get it. I'd love to buy from an owner, but not being particularly mechanically savvy, and based in Glasgow (vast majority of vans for sale seem to a fair distance away), it seems quite difficult logistically to view vans and meet owners. I'll keep it in mind though if something comes up close to hand. Thanks for response.
 
Can vouch for Braithwaites Garage in Penrith Cumbria, if it helps, bought ours from them and had a great experience, there was a couple from Edinburgh collecting a Cali when we were there, about 120miles from Glasgow, we traveled twice that.
Worth keeping an eye or reaching out to them in advance of being ready.
Just looked and they do currently have a 2018 Ocean with 68k miles £47k
 
Can vouch for Braithwaites Garage in Penrith Cumbria, if it helps, bought ours from them and had a great experience, there was a couple from Edinburgh collecting a Cali when we were there, about 120miles from Glasgow, we traveled twice that.
Worth keeping an eye or reaching out to them in advance of being ready.
Just looked and they do currently have a 2018 Ocean with 68k miles £47k
Thanks, that’s a useful heads-up. You’re right Penrith is well within our travelling distance. That £47k van looks good but from what I’ve picked up I’m avoiding BiTDI versions due to posts I’ve read here of higher incidence of engine issues. Great to have the recommendation of that dealer though. Thanks.
 
3rd vote for Braithwaites. We sold our1st Cali to them and they were very easy to deal with.
 
Thanks, that’s a useful heads-up. You’re right Penrith is well within our travelling distance. That £47k van looks good but from what I’ve picked up I’m avoiding BiTDI versions due to posts I’ve read here of higher incidence of engine issues. Great to have the recommendation of that dealer though. Thanks.
You’re welcome, think it’s helpful to pass on a positive experience when it’s worthy, doesn’t look like it’s just us.
All the best, hope you find the right Cali that ticks the boxes when ready.
 
Back
Top