Jammed drawer under the seat

C

Croft Farm

Messages
10
Location
Cockermouth
Vehicle
T5.1 se 180
We have jammed a large pan inside the drawer, with the handle of the lid sticking up, preventing us from opening it more than an inch or two.
Does anyone know how to remove the drawer, or any other suggestions?
Croft House
 
I had similar issues and got round it by sliding a thin stiff sheet over the top of the issue (with the drawer fully closed) and then quite firmly sliding the drawer open.
 
The seat base pivots up giving easy direct access to the drawer from above. It lifts up. There is a piece of cloth that stops it going all the way open. I cut it years ago. It serves no purpose.
 
The seat base pivots up giving easy direct access to the drawer from above. It lifts up. There is a piece of cloth that stops it going all the way open. I cut it years ago. It serves no purpose.
Good point, and a better answer than mine above on reflection!
 
The seat base pivots up giving easy direct access to the drawer from above. It lifts up. There is a piece of cloth that stops it going all the way open. I cut it years ago. It serves no purpose.
Thanks for the information. We pivoted the seat far enough to release the pan and get it out.
It was difficult to get the seat belt buckles back in place, but it’s all done now.
It’s good to know the seat can be moved up. We don’t use the bench bed very much, but I thought there must be somewhere of moving it.
Many thanks, on a stressful Saturday morning.
 
Back
Top