Olivier&Lory
Hello everyone,
After thoroughly browsing the various forum threads (and following my introduction with Nami), I’m here to share an update on my mishaps with the electro-hydraulic roof.
I had a real scare yesterday afternoon: in barely half a day, the passenger side sagged by 10 to 15 cm... Total panic at the moment ! After cycling the roof up and down fully a few times with the engine running, the pressure rebalanced, but there definitely seems to be an issue with the seal or a valve.
For now, I plan to use the standard workaround: securing the scissor mechanism with a strap @sidepod
(on both sides, just to be safe) before potentially investing in rigid blocks like "Roof Locks" (made of plastic or aluminum).
If I secure both scissor mechanisms with straps as soon as the roof is raised, will that effectively prevent putting too much strain on the mechanism and making the situation worse? I admit the prospect of a four-figure bill from VW makes me a bit anxious...
Also, it’s very hot where I live right now (between 30 and 35°C). In your experience, can high heat thin out the hydraulic fluid and contribute to this pressure loss? Do you think the system might hold better once temperatures drop, or is this an inevitable sign that a garage visit is needed (to replace a ram or pump)?
A huge thank you to the entire community for the wealth of discussions and all the solutions shared here!



After thoroughly browsing the various forum threads (and following my introduction with Nami), I’m here to share an update on my mishaps with the electro-hydraulic roof.
I had a real scare yesterday afternoon: in barely half a day, the passenger side sagged by 10 to 15 cm... Total panic at the moment ! After cycling the roof up and down fully a few times with the engine running, the pressure rebalanced, but there definitely seems to be an issue with the seal or a valve.
For now, I plan to use the standard workaround: securing the scissor mechanism with a strap @sidepod
If I secure both scissor mechanisms with straps as soon as the roof is raised, will that effectively prevent putting too much strain on the mechanism and making the situation worse? I admit the prospect of a four-figure bill from VW makes me a bit anxious...
Also, it’s very hot where I live right now (between 30 and 35°C). In your experience, can high heat thin out the hydraulic fluid and contribute to this pressure loss? Do you think the system might hold better once temperatures drop, or is this an inevitable sign that a garage visit is needed (to replace a ram or pump)?
A huge thank you to the entire community for the wealth of discussions and all the solutions shared here!



















