How to replace the sliding window on the kitchen side

Thanks so much for replying. What glue did you attach it with?

Taking the locking mechanism out is the bit that scares me most as worried I will crack the plastic bits or not be able to put them back on. Was rather hoping I could remove window without. Oh well .

Pleased your water tight still!
I didn’t find the locking mechanism very hard to dismantle. Mine was broken from the beginning so i had to replace it.anyway. Found a set on Amazon, which included the 4 pins for the sliding window. Bargain price. I’ve read somewhere that they can cause the window not to tighten enough because they get worn out.

A complete new window set for the kitchen side including the sliding window last time I checked was about 900€.
 
Can you tell med where you got the working rubber seal from? I am so tired of my leaking window.
 
I’m sorry but I don’t remember. I think the link is in one of my previous postings above.
 
Thanks so much for replying. What glue did you attach it with?

Taking the locking mechanism out is the bit that scares me most as worried I will crack the plastic bits or not be able to put them back on. Was rather hoping I could remove window without. Oh well .

Pleased your water tight still!
Removing the locking mechanism was an easy part. Really easy.
 
Hello, apologies for reopening an old thread here, how easy is it to remove and replace the sliding window above the sink? Are there any videos?
 
No video, but I have some pictures.
IMG_20201031_120833.jpg
IMG_20201031_123726.jpg
IMG_20201031_123734.jpg
IMG_20201031_162725.jpg

In fact, you have to lift the sliding window out of the rail, best from the underside, first at the back, then at the front. Protect the trim and furniture (heavy tape or something), otherwise you get this:
IMG_20201031_131156.jpg
IMG_20201031_131202.jpg

For lifting up, you might need some ertalon (polyamide or nylon) heavy pryer. Or you could use a protected screwdriver.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top