How many California's are in your town, city, hamlet, ...

TripleBee

TripleBee

Messages
3,413
Location
.
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I am just curious how much California's are living in your town, city, hamlet.
At the time I bought mine, I knew about 2 California's.
I have the T5.1 from 2010. I had looked into buying a T5, 2 streets away from my house, but they already promised it to their daughter. And then there was a T4 with high polyroof.
After a couple of months there was a guy restoring a T2 campervan. After 1 or 2 years he bought a T5.1 himself, because he was a bit of jealous, I assumed he was.

Up till now, there are 2 white T6's, 1 white/goldish T6, 2 sand beige T5.1, my blue T5.1, that silver T5 from next door (they got rid of it, bought a Nissan pickup with external camper unit, but got rid of it and have taken their T5 back from their daughter.
So that is already 7 California's from inhabitants of Blankenberge, on a total of 20 000 fixed residents.

Just curious about other cities because when I go on holidays, on motorways in both directions I can come across up to 15 - 20 California's.

One time there were about 10 California's on the camping in 2 weeks, just not all on the same day.

And if we know that VW sold more than half of all the California's in the last 10 - 15 years, it is no wonder that we see them so often these days.
 
I only know of conversions near me. One T6 in the next main town, but none on my immediate doorstep.

Whenever i drive more than a few miles, it does feel like I see a lot though.
 
Just 1 in my small town, as far as I am aware. However a good few T6 Kombis/Caravelles and about 2 or 3 T5 conversions.
 
There are a few round here in our pleasant area in SW London. A friend has a Beach, someone near church has a T6, I’ve seen a couple of others frequently. And at the car boot sale I was at today I could have charged for people desperate to look round!
 
T5 down the street from us and another T5 around the corner, T4 across the road from that one !
 
A few, there’s an elderly couple with a nice ocean, I always wave, they ‘dub snub’ me every time :headbang
 
I live in Bristol, there are loads of Cali's plus T5/6 conversions
 
We've got two on our road (a beach and an ocean) plus there's a Caravelle at the end of the road and 2 or 3 VW conversions in the surrounding streets.
 
In my tiny, under 4000 habitants town in the German Alps there are at least 30 Californias, mostly Beach from T4 to T7 and largely T5, T6 or T6.1. I have one, my two houses down neighbour has one, my physiotherapist drives one (both are only vehicle for families of 4), a horse stable owner has one to pull horse trailers with, heating company boss drives one with the family, etc... you get it. When I drive on the highway to the store in a 2kms stretch I always see 5 or 6 and at Aldi parking lot almost always are 3 or 4. However no Mercedes campers at all here.
 
Back
Top