J
Joanie
Lifetime VIP Member
I currently have a kitted out LWB VW Caddy but as camping is weather dependant I’m going to be placing an order for a new VW GC 680 in the next few weeks and can’t wait to get it!

Hey @Joanie, welcome to the club. That's a massive step up from 'very compact', have you not considered a 'proper' California? I'm not criticising your choice, just putting out an alternative thought. Each type of camper comes with it's own advantages and disadvantages and although the big one is deffo more comfortable on site it will feel cumbersome and lumbering compared to the Caddy. Depending on your needs (we are all different) the California sits nicely in the middle. Either way, good luck and enjoyI currently have a kitted out LWB VW Caddy but as camping is weather dependant I’m going to be placing an order for a new VW GC 680 in the next few weeks and can’t wait to get it!
Hi @chockswahay, yes I'm aware its a huge step up but plan to spend a lot of time travelling and its more like a home from homeHey @Joanie, welcome to the club. That's a massive step up from 'very compact', have you not considered a 'proper' California? I'm not criticising your choice, just putting out an alternative thought. Each type of camper comes with it's own advantages and disadvantages and although the big one is deffo more comfortable on site it will feel cumbersome and lumbering compared to the Caddy. Depending on your needs (we are all different) the California sits nicely in the middle. Either way, good luck and enjoy![]()
Thank you (smiling emoji)Nice to have you in the club![]()
The VW California Club is the worlds largest resource for all owners and enthusiasts of VW California campervans.