Hi don't know if this has been topic of conversation before but my control panel percentage and battery voltage are way out I have solar victron also

Have you got the black wire to the chassis or the neg terminal on the battery, it needs to be connected to the earth on the chassis (from the solar)
 
Hi thanks for the reply, I have the positive from the solar to the positive terminal to the leisure battery at the rear of the van under the fridge and the negative to the battery clamp I'm sure I looked at a how too from this forum with I've found to be very helpful, we're still away in Poole at the moment the fridge is working fine, it's now showing 10% but I'll post pics to help 1000045736.jpg1000045737.jpg
 
Hi thanks for the reply, I have the positive from the solar to the positive terminal to the leisure battery at the rear of the van under the fridge and the negative to the battery clamp I'm sure I looked at a how too from this forum with I've found to be very helpful, we're still away in Poole at the moment the fridge is working fine, it's now showing 10% but I'll post pics to help View attachment 149584View attachment 149585
As @Chriskend states, the Earth has to go to a chassis ground and not directly to the battery. There is a current sensor that measures the flow in and out of the battery that is on the battery earth and if you connect directly to the battery you bypass the current device and it doesn't register the solar current in.
 
I’ve noticed this with a solar installation, I found if you turn off the control panel and back on again will align, the control doesn’t register a charge from the panels.
 
What does the victron display read?
 
I’ve noticed this with a solar installation, I found if you turn off the control panel and back on again will align, the control doesn’t register a charge from the panels.
The control panel is very basic and the battery measures are equally basic.

The Current Shunt (Current measurement sensor in the battery earth connection) is only used for the Current in and out value and is instantaneous (filtered) with no memory

The SOC (State of Charge %) is based on pure measured leisure battery voltage

The "G" symbol that indicates the engine is running is purely triggered by charging voltage level of the starter battery.

The Plug symbol is a wire from the mains 12v charger that is powered when the charger is plugged in.

So how the solar system interacts with Control Panel and what is shows will depend on how it is wired in and voltage set point. The control panel is just a display for the batteries nothing is set or controlled in it regarding the battery element.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top