Front towing eye

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Messages
3,200
Location
Matlock & Pyrenees
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Off abroad for six weeks and decided to check the towing eye is intact and the threads clear. Found out that we have the wrong eye, too short. We conked out years ago in France and the eye was used to pull the van onto the breakdown truck. When it was sorted I checked that the eye was back in place but it wasn't there so back to the dealer and they had lost it. Replaced it with a new one from Transporter they had in stock which obviously is the wrong one. So I have ordered eye extension from Transporter HQ and will will have to go and collect it tomorrow. Hopefully end of problem. So it might be worth checkng.
 
Off abroad for six weeks and decided to check the towing eye is intact and the threads clear. Found out that we have the wrong eye, too short. We conked out years ago in France and the eye was used to pull the van onto the breakdown truck. When it was sorted I checked that the eye was back in place but it wasn't there so back to the dealer and they had lost it. Replaced it with a new one from Transporter they had in stock which obviously is the wrong one. So I have ordered eye extension from Transporter HQ and will will have to go and collect it tomorrow. Hopefully end of problem. So it might be worth checkng.
All sorted. Extension fitted and tightened up. I was a bit concerned that when removing it from the van that the extension could come unthreaded from the eye so I've put a roll pin through it.

View attachment 20260902_143944.jpg
 
Back
Top