Flux Libre - France

D

DaveB

VIP Member
Messages
119
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone fallen foul of the barrier free toll roads in France? We mistakenly drove along one and only realised 4 days later. We went on the payment site and paid the toll but it says if not paid within 72 hours there’s a fine. Will we be receiving a letter soon!!
 
After some research it looks like they let you off first offence as long as you pay straight away (which we have).

Keep your eyes out peeps. Could be costly if you miss these new péages
 
After some research it looks like they let you off first offence as long as you pay straight away (which we have).

Keep your eyes out peeps. Could be costly if you miss these new péages
Thanks for posting to let us all know.
How did you spot that you needed to pay in the first place? In your situation I think that I would have assumed it was a free section.
 
Thanks for posting to let us all know.
How did you spot that you needed to pay in the first place? In your situation I think that I would have assumed it was a free section.
I presume it will work automatically if you already have a Toll Tag.
 
France has rolled out barrier-free toll roads (called flux libre or free-flow). Instead of stopping at booths, overhead gantries use cameras to read your number plate or scan a toll tag. Drivers must pay online or at designated terminals within 72 hours to avoid fines.

Key Non-Barrier Routes
    • A13 & A14: The major Paris–Normandy motorway corridor.
    • A79: Between Montmarault (Allier) and Digoin (Saône-et-Loire).
    • A4: At Boulay (near Metz) heading towards Strasbourg.
    • A10 & A837: Specific high-traffic sections in the Île-de-France/New Aquitaine regions.
    • APRR & AREA Networks: Several stretches across the Lyon–Annecy and Lyon–Valence routes
 
We did not see English signs.
 
Same in English, but we were on the A14, more brits there than the A79, assuming that’s the one you were on. There aren’t many yet, but they’re all going free flow eventually.

IMG_0707.jpeg
 
Obviously, not being able to read the local language is not a defence or mitigation so I suspect you'll just have to take this one. The best thing is get a toll tag and then all stress is removed. I had no problems with Bip n Go.
 
I can read French which is how we spotted the second one and realised we'd missed the first.
 
I have seen and been through the same "gate-less" system around Milano, Italia. There are several stretches like that. Bip&Go (international version) worked there as well.
 
Some of the entrances and exits to toll gates on the Italian motorways are like the whacky races, the one near Milan is mental. Hilariously they just seem to work, I saw two cars had hit each other but both were Germans not Italians.
 
Back
Top