Don’t get caught short

D

donboon

VIP Member
Messages
35
Location
Bedford
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Last edited:
Oooh bolts too short. A man of your calibre should know. Min 1.5 threads through the nylok.

Can you imagine a fail mid squeeze?
I did mention getting caught too short. You’re right if the structure was critical but they are locked and torqued but not squeezed. I didn’t want threads gouging the corners of Potti and being SS don’t come cheap.
But seeing as I’ve been (proper) caught out I’ll do a better job just for you.
I am having a problem with the wood not sticking to the plastic underside of the Potti. I know a lot of plastics won’t take adhesive and I’ve roughened and alcohol cleaned but still not taking.
I don’t want to use etching materials in case they degrade over time.
The easiest way is to put bolts through and seal.
Any advice on adhesive before I go ahead would be considered.
 
Nice idea that it fits over the 'box' for storage.

I think Thetford should make them for £1 in plastic and sell them for £49

I wouldn’t mind £5 of that for the idea.
It had to fit in the storage bag and either go under or over.
Miscalculated for under but just right going over.
I also thought of adapting it as a step or even a small table for gas stoves to bring it higher.

BTW I forgot to mention the height of the 335 is now 17 inches; better for the (older) knee's
 
Agreed ref the PP height but I use a Really Useful 9 ltr box as a platform. It contains spare clothes and sits behind the rear seat
 
I did mention getting caught too short. You’re right if the structure was critical but they are locked and torqued but not squeezed. I didn’t want threads gouging the corners of Potti and being SS don’t come cheap.
But seeing as I’ve been (proper) caught out I’ll do a better job just for you.
I am having a problem with the wood not sticking to the plastic underside of the Potti. I know a lot of plastics won’t take adhesive and I’ve roughened and alcohol cleaned but still not taking.
I don’t want to use etching materials in case they degrade over time.
The easiest way is to put bolts through and seal.
Any advice on adhesive before I go ahead would be considered.

I did mention getting caught too short. You’re right if the structure was critical but they are locked and torqued but not squeezed. I didn’t want threads gouging the corners of Potti and being SS don’t come cheap.
But seeing as I’ve been (proper) caught out I’ll do a better job just for you.
I am having a problem with the wood not sticking to the plastic underside of the Potti. I know a lot of plastics won’t take adhesive and I’ve roughened and alcohol cleaned but still not taking.
I don’t want to use etching materials in case they degrade over time.
The easiest way is to put bolts through and seal.
Any advice on adhesive before I go ahead would be considered.
Use Sticks Like Sh*t Turbo. Appropriate in the case and it works!
 
Needs to be 2 foot high, easier to P*** in it stood up
Can you imagine standing up to pee in your front room, goes everywhere
 
4 lightweight, non-damaging yoga blocks are placed side by side in a square shape under our Thetford PP to give a comfortable "sitting" height. From Aldi or Lidl for about £12, probably cheaper than SS Bolts and Aluminium angle, and no construction needed.
 
4 lightweight, non-damaging yoga blocks are placed side by side in a square shape under our Thetford PP to give a comfortable "sitting" height. From Aldi or Lidl for about £12, probably cheaper than SS Bolts and Aluminium angle, and no construction needed.
Do you have other uses for the yoga blocks while you’re travelling? Yoga perhaps? I’m just thinking about lost space.
 
Do you have other uses for the yoga blocks while you’re travelling? Yoga perhaps? I’m just thinking about lost space.
My two cork yoga blocks (and mat) always come with me on our European travels, but I never thought to use the blocks this way thank you, great tip as the lowness of the porta-potti has been an inconvenience (pun intended); though I am hoping that just my two blocks will suffice given these valid space concerns.
 
I'm probably a bit late to this party but the Trobolo WandaGo would solve all these problems. We actually have the Lite version and are OK with the height. As a side benefit this loo is much lighter, easier to clean and zero smells compared to the Thetford (have owned two previously).

 
I bought identical set from Boxio three years ago, never used it and after two years stopped hauling it around and retired it brand spanking new. Sometimes great ideas do not work. :)
 
My two cork yoga blocks (and mat) always come with me on our European travels, but I never thought to use the blocks this way thank you, great tip as the lowness of the porta-potti has been an inconvenience (pun intended); though I am hoping that just my two blocks will suffice given these valid space concerns.
Buy two more to be on the safe side.

I also have two more to place on the seat squab for when climbing to the roof bed to spread my weight over a wider area so as to minimise damage to the heated seat wiring
 
I bought identical set from Boxio three years ago, never used it and after two years stopped hauling it around and retired it brand spanking new. Sometimes great ideas do not work. :)
what does work for you the ?
 
Do you have other uses for the yoga blocks while you’re travelling? Yoga perhaps? I’m just thinking about lost space.
Apart from spreading weight from my feet over the seat, there useful for wedging items anywhere in the boot to stop rattles etc
 
Bog in a Bag. Can be used as a " Stool " :Iamsorry without the bag and the cover on, and higher than a Porta Potti. No chemicals and just tie bag and in the general rubbish.

Screenshot_20260727_102936_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
Back
Top