Cooling Fan for the Fridge

Really need a vent in the top section of the cupboard, above the shelf. Is there any space behind the cupboard wall? Could you use a hole cutter there?

If you put your hand up there doesn't feel to be much clearance, it would be a braver man then me who starts drilling up there for fear of damaging the fridge wall, one of those bendy endoscope thingies would give a good view but haven't got one and I don't know anyone who has.
 
Just remembered this thread.
The highest daytime temperature we saw in Morocco Sept 2015 was 33c, also the highest driving across Spain, the highest temp in the fridge compartment was 43c. Turning on the fan soon got the temperature down but if the fridge compartment only gets 10c above ambient then I don't think there's much of a problem.
 
I'm replying with an easy way I've found to add a fan only when it's needed. I bought a portable battery-powered fan (handy for other uses too ;-)) that fits exactly in front of the cupboard vent opening. When no extra cooling is needed, I just put the plastic cover back in place.

Advantages:
  • Battery life of more than 24 hours when not hooked up.
  • When I want it running continuously, I connect a USB-C charging cable on the leisure battery.
  • I've found that in hot weather and the fan the leisure batteries are less stressed by the fridge.
View attachment IMG_4334.jpeg
View attachment IMG_4335.jpeg

https://amzn.eu/d/0fMJMrKF
 

Similar threads

Back
Top