soulstyledevon
Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
- Messages
- 6,528
- Vehicle
- Cali now sold
I think the reality is that a 5.5m van for four that squeezes in a lounge, washroom and fixed bed will always feel a little bit cramped in each section. I often wondered if people would buy in to a 5.5m long Ocean layout, just with more space, standing room and storage. Looks like Ventura are having a go at one, it’s on a Peugeot which is meh but if VW came out with say a 5.5m Crafter, would people consider it? You could probably work in a Portapotti with a privacy screen and an external shower point with hot water.
![]()
GM Coachwork | The UK’s Vehicle Conversion Specialists
GM Coachwork, the UK's experts in vehicle conversions, transforming cars and vans to suit your needs with quality, innovation, and tailored solutions.www.venturacampers.co.uk
I do like that.
However, I would say most people move up in size from a California for a fixed bed and separate loo cubicle.
The loo, is a game changer. Fully expect, we may never use the shower in ours. But separate loo and the space to hang wet towels, coats or outdoor gear helps tremendously .















