Battery Status

D

DAVETHOMAS40

Messages
5
Location
Hampshire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm trying to understand what my battery status is and if good or bad....Can someone help please?20260919_100539.jpg
 
1789809270182.jpeg

Its flat flat unfortunately. (Always stick to volts)

What do you rely on to charge it?
 
It was installed new when I purchased it. Can I charge it via a hook-up from home....i have the connectors if this is the right course of action.
 
It should charge from the hook up cable using mains and also charge when driving. It is advised if not driving much to plug in once a month to top it off. The alternative is solar which is well covered on the forum.

At this voltage there is a chance the battery wont bounce back as the red areas on that graph indicate where the battery will accumulate damage.

I would assume that it isn't being charged and would require some investigation.

There are 2 batteries in an ocean and depending on your experience level of DIY should decide if you tackle it or take it to a garage.

First and easiest things to check are.

1) What happens on the screen with the engine running?

2) What happens on the screen with the hook up cable attached?
 
Thanks Dave for your info.....I took it back to the retailer and after an hour they found the second leisure battery under the passenger seat that nobody knew existed. They belive this was the original battery and was drawing down power from the new one....Should be sorted this afternoon but thankyou...
 
Back
Top