Air con only working at level 4

B

beachbrewer

Messages
6
Location
Glasgow
Vehicle
T5 Beach
My air con / fan (2012 Beach) gradually stopped working on levels 1, 2 & 3 on the dial and is now only fully on on 4 or off altogether at any other setting. Air con then stopped being cold, so I assumed the issue was only to get the system recharged, so I've had that done and they confirmed no leaks, but levels 1-3 still don't do anything, with the air con button on or off. Any ideas why it works full blast on 4 but not at all on any other setting? The recharge has worked i.e. it's now very cool when working on level 4.
 
Have you recalibrated the ducts?

 
My air con / fan (2012 Beach) gradually stopped working on levels 1, 2 & 3 on the dial and is now only fully on on 4 or off altogether at any other setting. Air con then stopped being cold, so I assumed the issue was only to get the system recharged, so I've had that done and they confirmed no leaks, but levels 1-3 still don't do anything, with the air con button on or off. Any ideas why it works full blast on 4 but not at all on any other setting? The recharge has worked i.e. it's now very cool when working on level 4.
The fan resister pack has failed.
There are 3 resisters in the pack that control speeds 1,2 & 3. When it fails only speed 4, full speed works.
A not uncommon failure. DIY repair possible .
 
I had the same problem and easy fix with YT videos available to help with DIY. It was also recommended to change the Pollen filter at the same time. I purchased via Autodoc, 1x Pollen Filter & 1x Blower motor resistor cost £54.

I'm a complete novice, and managed to replace them in 30'ish minutes. Its a little fiddly due to location under the glovebox but easy to do.
 
The fan resister pack has failed.
There are 3 resisters in the pack that control speeds 1,2 & 3. When it fails only speed 4, full speed works.
A not uncommon failure. DIY repair possible .
Magic, thanks, will get that ordered up and hopefully a quick fix.
 
yep, exactly what @WelshGas said - I’ve had the same & the ‘default setting’ is full-on 4 and the resistor is there to reign it in to 1, 2 or 3 …


I got the part from eBay & fitted it myself via a YouTube guide, not hard but ideally you need double-jointed wrists & child sized hands!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top