ABS Sensor replacement

pchmlk

pchmlk

Top Poster
VIP Member
Messages
712
Location
Surrey
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
For the last couple of months I've had the common problem of ABS error lights and stop/start error on the dash.

I just want to reassure you, if you get this, it is incredibly easy, cheap and satisfying to fix!

Used the Carista - it identified a signal issue from the LHS rear sensor. Bought one from an online factors for <£20 and set about replacing it.

The only tool you'll need is a T30 bit for your socket set. Wheel off, old sensor out, new in, wheel on, clear codes in Carista and that's it.

Took me 30 mins and worked a treat, I'm very happy! :)
 
For the last couple of months I've had the common problem of ABS error lights and stop/start error on the dash.

I just want to reassure you, if you get this, it is incredibly easy, cheap and satisfying to fix!

Used the Carista - it identified a signal issue from the LHS rear sensor. Bought one from an online factors for <£20 and set about replacing it.

The only tool you'll need is a T30 bit for your socket set. Wheel off, old sensor out, new in, wheel on, clear codes in Carista and that's it.

Took me 30 mins and worked a treat, I'm very happy! :)
Agree - but I had a hell of job getting the sensor out!
 
For the last couple of months I've had the common problem of ABS error lights and stop/start error on the dash.

I just want to reassure you, if you get this, it is incredibly easy, cheap and satisfying to fix!

Used the Carista - it identified a signal issue from the LHS rear sensor. Bought one from an online factors for <£20 and set about replacing it.

The only tool you'll need is a T30 bit for your socket set. Wheel off, old sensor out, new in, wheel on, clear codes in Carista and that's it.

Took me 30 mins and worked a treat, I'm very happy! :)
You were lucky. Took my trusted VW Dealership 4 hrs to remove my 2 x Rear ASB sensors. LHS had failed but decided on getting both replaced as sure as the sun rises the RHS will fail. Fortunately only charged me 1 hrs labour.
 
Hmm, I could see how it could trickier if it was really stuck in. Mine needed persuading with pliers and a little flat head screwdriver. I’m amazed a proper mechanics struggled!
 
Hmm, I could see how it could trickier if it was really stuck in. Mine needed persuading with pliers and a little flat head screwdriver. I’m amazed a proper mechanics struggled!
4 Motion. They tried all their tricks and ended up grinding it out piecemeal, both sides, and it wasn't the apprentice doing it.
 
So did I.....I had my rear trailing arms replaced recently and garage said budget for new ABS sensors but they came out intact.
 
I know its an old thread but my right hand abs sensor failed it was a nightmare trying to remove the wire connector. I tried everything even after watching numerous videos but nothing would budge it. Eventually I broke it, not intentionally but there you go. Another video on how to remove the pins and replace the connector + waiting for the parts. Considerably longer than 30 mins. Still all good now and a little more experience under my belt.
 
Yep, had the same issue on my left rear which eventually cried enough. Changed it last weekend after a false start. (Right box / wrong part in it)
 
Back
Top