2013 5.1 SE Fridge Discolouration

T

tommytipee

Messages
1
Location
East Sussex
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello. First time poster here.

Foolishly I cleaned the fridge with Flash Bleach and shut the lid before it had dried. It has badly discoloured the white plastic, leaving yellow/brown staining and run marks that simply won’t shift using conventional cleaning methods.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be able to try to restore it? The fridge itself works perfectly, so replacing the whole unit purely because I’ve made a mess of the interior seems rather drastic.

I’ve read about hydrogen peroxide/“Retrobright” treatments for yellowed plastics, but I’m reluctant to start experimenting without knowing exactly what type of plastic the fridge liner is made from, particularly as the discolouration was caused by a bleach product rather than age or UV.

Has anyone had the same problem with a T5/T5.1 California fridge and successfully got it white again? Alternatively, does anyone know whether the white inner liner/tub can be replaced separately, and if so whether it is still available?

It’s a November 2013 California SE 140 DSG, if that helps identify the fridge.

Any suggestions or experience gratefully received.

Thank you!
 
Back
Top