Wheels stuck solid!

storma63

storma63

VIP Member
Messages
120
Location
Cumbria
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all, I've just finished doing the job on the Cali I should have done much sooner.......Take off the alloy wheels, apply some Copper Slip grease to the mating face to prevent wheels seizing on the hubs. Arghh too late! What a "#***#!! of a job to get them free. :headbang

I ended up loosening all the nuts (One wheel at a Time) about 1 turn from tight, then drove over a brick to shock it loose. Once free its a simple job, but doing it now in the sunshine is far better than when I get a pucture on the side of a busy road in the rain.

Steve
 
Good point that is a job I had been meaning to do. I figure the same as you undo one turn and drive up a kerb :)
 
Hi Barry, Yes I remember seeing something a while ago but couldn't find it.
I thought it was worth mentioning again, to save any of our group some hassle in the future.

Cheers
Steve
 
Back
Top