T7 Beach Solar install to ecoflow delta.

  • Thread starter Californication69
  • Start date
Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
3,527
Location
UK
Vehicle
T7 Beach
Spent the day installing two 120w Renogy solar panels from Amazon today.
Got them on for £100 each on prime day.
I had the brackets from Renogy when I bought 3 panels 1 year ago. (Kept those panels and had them installed on the Moho by offgrid power solutions, they used their own brackets to fix the panels with out drilling)

Finished at 7pm, 1 panel was in the shade, and only had 50w power coming in.
Will see how they perform tomorrow.
The curly cable was from Krissi at
sales@curlycablecompany.com

Fitted a switch on the + side of the solar cable coming in. (By the power socket above the battery cupboard.)
Cable routing was really easy down into the free grommet on the left hand side and tie clipped to hydraulic stay.
Into the cavity and straight into the battery and charging side of the beach.

Used my wingbars from 2020, and the low feet pack from John at info@vixxos.com
So if I need to use my Kamei dolphin roof box, it will only block 1 panel.

Also bought my Netgear aircard 797 tethered to the glinet slate AX1800 out of the loft from 4 years ago and put a Lebra 5GB sim for £2.04 a month in it.
And I can get Switchbot temperatures and EcoFlow power data remotely.

Got a Waeco CCF-18, 20 year old fridge for £79 for the cans of pop and water.

Removed the inlay cards from the rear window storage boxes, much easier to get in to the things now. (And all the inserts from the left hand one so it’s totally empty, so can put storage cubes inside.)

Removed the lower bed and making a new bed as per
@Chriskend solution of a 180cm 12mm ply board lower bed.

Just need a water solution now and the day van is sorted.

IMG_1767.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1750.jpeg
View attachment IMG_1755.jpeg
 
Spent the day installing two 120w Renogy solar panels from Amazon today.
Got them on for £100 each on prime day.
I had the brackets from Renogy when I bought 3 panels 1 year ago. (Kept those panels and had them installed on the Moho by offgrid power solutions, they used their own brackets to fix the panels with out drilling)

Finished at 7pm, 1 panel was in the shade, and only had 50w power coming in.
Will see how they perform tomorrow.
The curly cable was from Krissi at
sales@curlycablecompany.com

Fitted a switch on the + side of the solar cable coming in. (By the power socket above the battery cupboard.)
Cable routing was really easy down into the free grommet on the left hand side and tie clipped to hydraulic stay.
Into the cavity and straight into the battery and charging side of the beach.

Used my wingbars from 2020, and the low feet pack from John at info@vixxos.com
So if I need to use my Kamei dolphin roof box, it will only block 1 panel.

Also bought my Netgear aircard 797 tethered to the glinet slate AX1800 out of the loft from 4 years ago and put a Lebra 5GB sim for £2.04 a month in it.
And I can get Switchbot temperatures and EcoFlow power data remotely.

Got a Waeco CCF-18, 20 year old fridge for £79 for the cans of pop and water.

Removed the inlay cards from the rear window storage boxes, much easier to get in to the things now. (And all the inserts from the left hand one so it’s totally empty, so can put storage cubes inside.)

Removed the lower bed and making a new bed as per
@Chriskend solution of a 180cm 12mm ply board lower bed.

Just need a water solution now and the day van is sorted.

View attachment 149402

View attachment 149403
View attachment 149404
After reading your post i removed the innards from the window bag so it’s totally empty, i can get loads in there now
 
After a couple of days with rain (great for floaters in Birmingham, cars I mean, and for the dried sun bleached grass) but not so good for solar production for my fridge.
My EcoFlow is down to 50%
What’s my best way to top up the EcoFlow. ?
Should I get the 800w booster and connect to the front pins in the engine bay or
Just use the tickle charge ciggie lighter from the boot 12v aux ?
:rolleyes:
 
After a couple of days with rain (great for floaters in Birmingham, cars I mean, and for the dried sun bleached grass) but not so good for solar production for my fridge.
My EcoFlow is down to 50%
What’s my best way to top up the EcoFlow. ?
Should I get the 800w booster and connect to the front pins in the engine bay or
Just use the tickle charge ciggie lighter from the boot 12v aux ?
:rolleyes:
What size is the EcoFlow, I have a Jackery 1000v2 plugged into the rear socket and sometimes I plug it in to the load output of the victron, trickles at 100w but I like the idea of adding a dc-dc for a fast a top up.
 
What size is the EcoFlow, I have a Jackery 1000v2 plugged into the rear socket and sometimes I plug it in to the load output of the victron, trickles at 100w but I like the idea of adding a dc-dc for a fast a top up.
It’s the EcoFlow delta 2, my solar plugs directly into it. So no Victron to dc dc :(
 
Have you looked at a route for the cables..
Yes, very messy ugh :(
Might just switch fridge off !
At least the heated seats and steering wheel will be nice in the winter. And press the fob in winter to heat it up quick is going to be a bonus.
I shall investigate a bag to hang outside in the cold for my milk, orange juice and pop :cool:
 
Just a quick one, any idea on the battery in the key fobs, 2032 or 2016?, I going to pick up a spare to keep in the van
 
Just a quick one, any idea on the battery in the key fobs, 2032 or 2016?, I going to pick up a spare to keep in the van
My Multivan is 2032.
Just changed mine as got a dashboard message - Key Fob battery Low.
 
The heater fob or actual car door opening fob ? Ignore me, you said key fob !
 
Not used the heater fob…it’s in a drawer still in the plastic bag
 
Not used the heater fob…it’s in a drawer still in the plastic bag
Can’t wait for the first flurry of snow and to hit the button from the upstairs window is gona be zooper.
Loved using the diesel heater in the 6.1 to get it toasty before heading out on a snow day :thumb
 
Can’t wait for the first flurry of snow and to hit the button from the upstairs window is gona be zooper.
Loved using the diesel heater in the 6.1 to get it toasty before heading out on a snow day :thumb
We have the same sorta thing on the Tesla’s, the wife won’t entertain anything else now. The bus is garaged so I can’t see me using the feature on the t7.
 
We have the same sorta thing on the Tesla’s, the wife won’t entertain anything else now. The bus is garaged so I can’t see me using the feature on the t7.
Clever stuff, it’s nice not to have to freeze your brass monkeys off when it gets chilly clearing the car.
You maybe use it when out and about ?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top